Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT: Joetisserie Tumble Basket — What Say You?

So I’ve got this bunch of Hatch Chilies and I thought, “man it would be convenient to roast them in a basket on the Joetisserie.

I read quite a few reviews on the K.J. Forum but I don’t trust those Philistines as far as I can throw them (

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

Comments

• JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 6,186
    Yeah. I want one too. The wing videos are what’s doing it for me. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • @Jeremiah the only one I’ve seen that looks like it’s worth a $hit is the Weber fine mesh one. And it’s only available overseas for some reason

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

No there’s another one I’ve seen on the kJ faceblock forums. Stainless steel rods. Can’t remember the name. Seems to be popular. 
  • All of y’all with a Joetisserie and nobody has a basket?

South of Nashville, TN

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 2,446
    This is an option. Indiana product too. Baskets in general just seem like a PITA to clean.

http://www.fillitandgrillit.com/index.php
    XL BGE, 2-LG BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, Ardore Pizza Oven
    Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 13,064
    ColtsFan said:

Baskets in general just seem like a PITA to clean.

You’re supposed to clean them?
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 3,268
    I don't have a joetisserie (yet), but the KJ page on FB seems to like the basket
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,386
    I like the Napoleon basket, built-in paddles tumble food like clothes dryer.  No I don't have one but heard plenty of positive feedback about it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n78m8qSfxYI
    canuckland
  • Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 8,471
    Would using the basket knock allot of the nice crunchy pieces and seasoning off the wings as it tumbles?
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,386
    Haven't used one, but know people buy more for gifts after using one.
    canuckland
    ColtsFan said:
    This is an option. Indiana product too. Baskets in general just seem like a PITA to clean.

http://www.fillitandgrillit.com/index.php
    Yup that’s the one I’ve seen talked about too. 
  • Thanks for all the insight! I was reading reviews on that one. Some people love it. Others b!tch about how hard it is to put together and get food out. 

South of Nashville, TN

Thanks for all the insight! I was reading reviews on that one. Some people love it. Others b!tch about how hard it is to put together and get food out. 
    Then there’s others that just b!tch about going to weddings....
  • Jeremiah said:
    Thanks for all the insight! I was reading reviews on that one. Some people love it. Others b!tch about how hard it is to put together and get food out. 
    Then there’s others that just b!tch about going to weddings....
    @jeremiah ;

South of Nashville, TN