Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Homemade Pasta Lovers

Ran across a YouTube channel that y'all will be interested in.  It's called Pasta Grannies.  The author chronicles italian grandmothers making homemade recipes before they're gone for good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pastagrannies/featured

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
Peachtree Corners, GA

Comments

• blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262

Thanks @GATraveller I subscribed and will check it out when I have some time.

Love homemade pasta - in fact I'll be making some later this afternoon to go with the farmer sausage I just took out.  

Phoenix 
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Thanks for posting. Looks like it could be interesting.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    thanks @GATraveller , subscribed
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Thanks for this.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Thank You!  :triumph:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Funny- I saw this on Reddit twice today, then on here, and it was in my wife’s Facebook feed today as well. These grannies have a good digital marketing firm! Good for them. Looks like good content. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I make homemade pasta, too, and kick myself whenever time constraints force me to open a box of dried, which is too often.  Most dried pasta is of a pretty good quality, but  not like the real thing.  Will check out the channel.  Thanks.
    Virginia Beach, VA
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Funny- I saw this on Reddit twice today, then on here, and it was in my wife’s Facebook feed today as well. These grannies have a good digital marketing firm! Good for them. Looks like good content. 
    I ran across it on Reddit as well.  Full disclosure: I haven't had a chance to watch much of it yet but will when time allows.  I'm a total sucker for stuff like this though....even if rarely make homemade pasta.  I like knowing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • GATraveller
    Ok. Now ive watched too many episodes and accomplished nothing at work.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    We await your home pasta making video later today.
  • GATraveller
    Eoin said:
    Already have ingredient list and plan of action for scratch lasagne......for Sunday.   =)

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    Eoin said:
    Already have ingredient list and plan of action for scratch lasagne......for Sunday.   =)

Sunday will be a good day for you!

I recently added this to my tools of destruction, but haven't used it yet.  The thing is a beast.

Phoenix 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,671
    blasting said:
    Eoin said:

I recently added this to my tools of destruction, but haven't used it yet.  The thing is a beast.

how big are the circles, been looking for a really big ravioli board for lobster stuffed. been looking a long time and almost thinking i need to make my own to get one deep enough
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Funny- I saw this on Reddit twice today, then on here, and it was in my wife’s Facebook feed today as well. These grannies have a good digital marketing firm! Good for them. Looks like good content. 
    I ran across it on Reddit as well.  Full disclosure: I haven't had a chance to watch much of it yet but will when time allows.  I'm a total sucker for stuff like this though....even if rarely make homemade pasta.  I like knowing.
    We watched a few last night. Very skimpy on details and the ones we saw were like 5 minutes long. there were no mentions of how they seasoned the meat they put in the pasta and said they always cook in "meat broth" as apposed to water for that dish....ok thanks. not sure what they are trying to accomplish here but it was far from a recipe or even a "how to" demonstation. Just a video of an old lady making pasta saying stuff like "put the meat in here" and "my pasta is 1mm thick"

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • GATraveller
    Funny- I saw this on Reddit twice today, then on here, and it was in my wife’s Facebook feed today as well. These grannies have a good digital marketing firm! Good for them. Looks like good content. 
    We watched a few last night. Very skimpy on details and the ones we saw were like 5 minutes long. there were no mentions of how they seasoned the meat they put in the pasta and said they always cook in "meat broth" as apposed to water for that dish....ok thanks. not sure what they are trying to accomplish here but it was far from a recipe or even a "how to" demonstation. Just a video of an old lady making pasta saying stuff like "put the meat in here" and "my pasta is 1mm thick"

Yea.....there aren't a lot of details.  You'd have to have a bit of kitchen experience and a willingness to "wing it" to follow most of the recipes.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • blasting
    edited August 2018
    blasting said:
    Eoin said:

how big are the circles, been looking for a really big ravioli board for lobster stuffed. been looking a long time and almost thinking i need to make my own to get one deep enough

If you're looking for large, this one isn't going to work for you Fish.  Here is a stamper I had in my cart - This one will make 3" ravioli.

https://www.amazon.com/Eppicotispai-Aluminum-Ravioli-Beechwood-Handle/dp/B0047T6V1M/ref=sr_1_9?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1533752736&sr=1-9&keywords=Ravioli+Stamp

Phoenix 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I subscribed. That’s a fun channel. Thanks for sharing. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Eoin said:
    Let's bump this in anticipation of @GATraveller's video masterclass.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    blasting said:

I used that same pasta drying rack for years before I discovered there's a nifty, half-round "transferring stick" in the center column; I had kept a wooden dowel to transfer cut noodles from the machine to the rack all that time!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GATraveller
    Eoin said:
    Eoin said:
    Let's bump this in anticipation of @GATraveller's video masterclass.
    Everything in my life is subject to change.......my Sunday plans changed from the kitchen to a softball field.  Finished 2-0.  

Stay tuned for Lasagne.

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA