Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizookie

2»

Comments

• TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    SonVolt said:
    I'm confused. Female anatomy somehow makes you unable to grill? I'm pretty sure I never learned that in grade school. There are only 2 things questionable about this thread. 1) the name Pizookie makes me chuckle like a dumb teenager. 2) The use of M&M's which is really just personal preference so no harm no foul. It looks amazing. I've done this exact same cook minus the M&M's five or six times on the egg. We just call it Cookie Monster, or Cookiezilla. They are always gone in about 3 minutes. A lot of the time we will let it cool a bit and then top it with Ice cream and hot fudge and caramel.

No one's saying women can't grill, I think someone had a problem with us acting like "8 year olds" which, apparently, is why more women don't post here. 

Ahh got it. I've seen tons of women Pitmasters. Snow's BBQ in Lexington, Tx has an 80 something year old lady named Tootsie running the pits and they are rated the best BBQ in Texas for about 4 years running.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,316
    I wonder what Tootsie thinks about that dweeb Aaron Franklin. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • ShesGotEggs
    ShesGotEggs Posts: 103
    edited August 2018
    If you like podcasts I am talking about the Pizookie on this week's episode of my baking podcast, Preheated. Take a listen if you're so inclined!

• SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    Listening to the podcast... The chain BJ's didn't invent the Skillet Cookie, unless you're just referring to the name "pizookie". We had them as kids back in the early '80s.  
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    The Martha Stewart recipe for skillet cookies isn't bad, especially on the egg.
  • @SonVolt good distinction! The name not the item. 
  • @Eggcelsior thanks I will check that one out! I’m hit and miss when it comes to Martha recipes. 
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    @Eggcelsior thanks I will check that one out! I’m hit and miss when it comes to Martha recipes. 
    I found it looking for skillet cookie recipes via another site/blog. They liked it because there are some slight mods that keep the cookie consistent across the full diameter versus the common dry edges with undercooked interior. I think that the mod was to cut the amount of white sugar relative to brown sugar. I've used browned butter with good success as well, which is an America's Test Kitchen/Cooks illustrated technique and adds a nice toffee/butterscotch note.
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    SonVolt said:
    I wonder what Tootsie thinks about that dweeb Aaron Franklin. 
    From what I hear, Aaron went to her place to congratulate her the first year she beat the incumbent (him) and served BBQ at her restaurant.  Secondhand info (ironically heard about this on a short flight from AUS-DAL yesterday...)
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,784
    Oh my!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    Dondgc said:
    Dondgc said:
    Nice to know this is still a place where men can act like 8 year olds.  It's no wonder more women don't post here. 
    If the word “nookie” offends you as an adult then you don’t belong on the internet. 
    I'll decide where I belong thank you. 
    The comments were innocuous unless you’re a moderator on Metoo.org/Buffalo
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SonVolt
    looks like dizookie to me

/thread
  • SSQUAL612
    SonVolt said:
    Listening to the podcast... The chain BJ's didn't invent the Skillet Cookie, unless you're just referring to the name "pizookie". We had them as kids back in the early '80s.  
    Careful...you said BJ’s.  Don’t want anyone to get their chonies bunched. 
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • SonVolt
    edited August 2018
    diick fart balls boobies penis
  • SSQUAL612
    I’ve been off the grid a while so I’m lmao that we have a Wes Johnson now.  Does he know how to cook a 1/2 steak? 
  • SSQUAL612
    SonVolt said:
    diick fart balls boobies penis
    REPENT! Don’t sink her thread.  
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,283
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I’ve been off the grid a while so I’m lmao that we have a Wes Johnson now.  Does he know how to cook a 1/2 steak? 
    I’ve heard he spends a lot of time handling his own meat.  I don’t know if it’s quite half an inch or not. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • I like to cook apple pies on the egg and then do all kindsa things to them.