Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thought I would contribute

Options
joined a few weeks ago and have really been enjoying everybody’s post and picked up a lot of tips and tricks. So thought I would share a little bit. My roommates are out of town tonight, (wife and son) so just cooking for one. Made jerk pork chops with coconut sweet potato corn bread. Made a rum glaze for the pork instead of a more traditional jerk glaze and used walkerswood for the jerk mariande. Also a summer veggie salad to go with it. Let chop get up to 130 then pulled it off and got the heat up to 400 for the cornbread. Once that was done I took out the platesetter and let the heat get above 500 with cast iron grill pan. I had it given to me a few years ago and forgot about it so after doing some cleaning today and discovering it, thought I would try it out. The corn bread is always my favorite but the sweet potato is a new addition thanks to someone posting a cook a few weeks ago. When I saw it thought it would be perfect for this cornbread. Hope everyone had a good Saturday!

Comments