Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT—RTIC Coolers now RTIC—OT

Options
U_tarded
U_tarded Posts: 2,042
saw this ad on the book face went to see the comments and the first one was from RTIC, looks like there is a new kid coming to school.  Personally I like the industry disruption. 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I'm patiently waiting for Lit's thoughts on this.  =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Options
    This screams too much to fast to me. I will definitely check it out once it all gets rolling but when you try to disrupt so many industries at once you are setting yourself up to fail.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWho
    Options
    I'd be a little hesitant in buying a ceramic grill from them. Even with a limited warranty. The coolers went from a 7 year warranty to a 90 day warranty in a blink of an eye. I hope for the best but I think I'll stand on the sidelines for this one 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • U_tarded
    Options
    For sure this could be a big colossal fail, but just the pressure and options it creates can benefit us all.  I bought my first egg for just over $700, same “package” as I got was $966 the other day same store same owners.  That’s almost a 40% increase in price in 6 years, this isn’t sustainable either especially with nothing really new being offered
  • U_tarded
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    I'd be a little hesitant in buying a ceramic grill from them. Even with a limited warranty. The coolers went from a 7 year warranty to a 90 day warranty in a blink of an eye. I hope for the best but I think I'll stand on the sidelines for this one 
    Me too, I’m solid on outdoor cooking options except the monster offset I have always wanted.  
  • WeberWho
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    WeberWho said:
    Me too, I’m solid on outdoor cooking options except the monster offset I have always wanted.  
    Do it! Do it! Do it! Offsets are fun!

Minnesota
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Options
    Maybe they could give Sitka and Kuiu a run for their money?
  • Markarm4119
    Markarm4119 Posts: 526
    Options
    Is all their other stuff made in China and the Philippines like their coolers ?
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Yup.  Wait and see!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    U_tarded said:
    For sure this could be a big colossal fail, but just the pressure and options it creates can benefit us all.  I bought my first egg for just over $700, same “package” as I got was $966 the other day same store same owners.  That’s almost a 40% increase in price in 6 years, this isn’t sustainable either especially with nothing really new being offered
    When i bought my large BGE a few years ago it 799.00 with a wooden table, grate handler and lump charcoal included. The egg was brand new but was the previous year model. It had sit in the store for a year and had not sold. 
    With that said, you can’t but just the egg for that price now. Heck you can barely buy the table for that now. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    It’s easy to copy cat.....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Options
    I am looking forward to buying a rotomolded backpack, it should be a joy to carry into the backcountry.
  • odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    shoot if that's a knock off of a Primo Oval, i'm in (for a good price of course ;);  i've always wanted to try one of those.    

who's funding this expansion?   are they backed by a venture capital fund?
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    If they are absolutely serious, they need to find me.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky