Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Small Brisket,,,,and I mean small

Options
Bought into 1/2 a cow a while ago and split it with a buddy. Home raised, no hormones/antibiotics, fed well, leaned out, etc. Buddy and his family have been doing this for 25+ years now. Great beef.

I am left with a brisket that is only 3.5lbs. Been looking here for a similar cook but haven't found it yet.

Looking for advice on cooking such a small brisket. 

Or?

Is it like any other? Keep in mind I haven't done a brisket on my XL yet! Yes I know, what a shame! WTH have I been waiting for? Jump in the deep end sissy boy!

Been looking at briskets at Costco and specialty shops but the thought of killing a $50+ piece of flesh that has already been killed once is daunting.

I'm not too proud to admit it. I'll share my good as well as my bad cooks here.

Seems like a 3.5lb brisket will get done too fast before the fat has time to render. 

Looking for some advice & guidance.

Thank you in advance!
XL aka Senior, Mini Max aka Junior, Weber Q's, Blackstone 22, Lion built in, RecTec Mini 300, Lodge Hibachi, Uuni, wife says I have too many grills,,,,how many shoes do you have?

IG -->  matt_86m

Comments