Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

PSA - Smoking-Meat.com Thermapen Mk4 Sale - July 11 & 12 for $79.20

vb4677vb4677 Posts: 506
https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermapen-Mk4-DOD-July18-SM?tw=SMOKINGMEAT

No affiliation - just got the email and thought I'd share.  Love mine!
Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
Large BGE, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a couple of gas smokers...
Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...

Comments

• stlcharcoalstlcharcoal Posts: 3,229
    Free silicone boot too.....that's a good deal.  
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,924
    Still twice as expensive as the equally good Pop. 
  • NautiRogueNautiRogue Posts: 117
    I love my Thermapen, but I've always had troubles with it not turning on when I unfold the probe.  Sometimes, I have to refold and unfold about 10 times before the pen turns on.  Has anyone else had the same issue?

Regardless, this issue didn't stop me from taking advantage of this offer.  I bought the new one for home, and I'll take the old one up to our marina for use with the Mini Max portable kitchen.

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,684
    I love my Thermapen, but I've always had troubles with it not turning on when I unfold the probe.  Sometimes, I have to refold and unfold about 10 times before the pen turns on.  Has anyone else had the same issue?

Regardless, this issue didn't stop me from taking advantage of this offer.  I bought the new one for home, and I'll take the old one up to our marina for use with the Mini Max portable kitchen.

there was a thread on this earlier I have Mk4 no issues

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1213953/bad-thermapen-luck/p1

Visalia, Ca
  • jtcBoyntonjtcBoynton Posts: 2,186
    ...Sometimes, I have to refold and unfold about 10 times before the pen turns on.  Has anyone else had the same issue?...
    Never
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• byrne092byrne092 Posts: 717
    edited July 11
    My original does this sometimes. I just assumed my battery was going dead, but since it turns on still i havent worried about replacing it.
    XL & Medium BGE I XAR-Woo2 & Rig-BO I Flameboss 200

St. Louis, MO
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,233
    I should probably pick one up since my thremapop died. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack
  • CigarCityEggerCigarCityEgger Posts: 844
    No issues here, love mine. Got it for the same price last year for Father’s Day 
  • vb4677vb4677 Posts: 506
    No issues with mine.  Did you drop it in water or something? 

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    Large BGE, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a couple of gas smokers...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,290
    Mine is the previous style. Had no issues. Use it all the time. 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CashfanCashfan Posts: 381
    My MK4 was in the bottom of the sink when I filled it up to do dishes. 10 min later i found it and water literally ran out of it. A month later it works perfectly. 
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,878

Great deal with the silicone sleeve.  Looks like some of the competition is having an effect on prices.

Phoenix