Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PSA: Pelican Cooler Sale

Options
ColtsFan
ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    Thanks for letting us know. I really want one of those excellent coolers but I'm having hard time finding the words that will convince my dear wife that I need a bear-proof cooler to bring stuff home from Costco.  =) 

The conversation would probably go like this:

"Honey, Lovey, Sweetie Pie, Pelican is having an amazing sale on their coolers."

"What's a Pelican?"

"It's one of the best coolers on the market. It's bear-proof and guaranteed for life!"

"Your 30+ year old $19.99 Coleman looks like new. How long do you plan to live?"

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,349
    Options
    1voyager said:
    Thanks for letting us know. I really want one of those excellent coolers but I'm having hard time finding the words that will convince my dear wife that I need a bear-proof cooler to bring stuff home from Costco.  =) 

The conversation would probably go like this:

"Honey, Lovey, Sweetie Pie, Pelican is having an amazing sale on their coolers."

"What's a Pelican?"

"It's one of the best coolers on the market. It's bear-proof and guaranteed for life!"

"Your 30+ year old $19.99 Coleman looks like new. How long do you plan to live?"

Ha! One thing that I have learned is that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

That said, I went ahead and got myself the 20 in tan so that it will match the RTIC. 

SWMBO will be pleased, no doubt ;) 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• JMCXL
    JMCXL Posts: 1,524
    Options
    Greet sale , but My concern is they are bulkier than the yeti, is that true?
    Northern New Jersey
     XL - Woo2, AR      L (2) - Woo, PS Woo     MM (2) - Woo       MINI

Check out https://www.grillingwithpapaj.com for some fun and more Grilling with Papa (incase you haven't gotten enough of me)

Also, check out my YouTube Page
    https://www.youtube.com/c/grillingwithpapaj

Follow me on Facebook 
    https://www.facebook.com/GrillingPapaJ/

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    JMCXL said:
    Greet sale , but My concern is they are bulkier than the yeti, is that true?
    Yes, they are bulkier and not as streamlined as a Yeti. With that said, they are incredibly tough and durable. That is one thing that I give Yeti credit for, their coolers are very streamlined and nice looking. However looks doesn’t have anything to do with how any cooler performs or hold up. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    @ColtsFan
    Not trying to hijack here, but have y’all noticed that all rotomolded cooler manufacturers have been having sales as of late? Even Yeti. That’s something that never happened with Yeti. Never. Love them or hate them, these sales are a direct result of RTIC coming along and kicking a$$ and taking names. They exposed an obvious truth that other manufacturers were raping and robbing people. 
    With that said, even RTIC could lower their prices and still turn a good profit. Not trying to bash any manufacturer. Just pointing out the truth. 
    I work in an industry that manufacturers and uses polypropylene and polyethylene by the tons. There is less than 10 dollars worth of polypropylene in the average rotomolded cooler. There is also less than 5 dollars worth of polyethylene in the average rotomolded cooler. Simply put, we got robbed and did it willingly. Funny old world isn’t it..........

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    How is the soft cooler for practicality? The 12 can looks nice.
  • SGH
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I’m a huge fan of Orca coolers as well. I have these 2 ordered. For the foreseeable future, I will buy only RTIC and ORCA rotomolded coolers. 

American made products proudly displaying the American flag. 

Status- Standing by.

• MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I have a big Pelican, I think an 80 quart and it is a great cooler for long storage, but you had better have two grown men try to handle it when loaded.  I think it is 40 pounds empty.
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.