Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Did I post a thread a few hours ago?

2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,733
    Your thread got nuked and yet mine where I tried to do everything I could to get it nuked still remains. Sheesh I was really trying hard too. I guess I need to mention politics a bunch in it and argue more with @YukonRon and @JohnInCarolina.
    I don't really understand the point of setting up a thread for the main purpose of trolling the forum and hopefully getting it nuked, but to each his own I guess.  

Isn't that the entire reason for your existence on here?
    You’re welcome to point out which recent threads of mine have fit this profile.  I’ll wait.

By the way, did I piss in your cheerios at some point?  I really don’t remember doing that, but I was in Texas back in January and had a lot to drink, so anything is possible I guess.

Not threads, you yourself troll a lot. I target you because within a week of me joining here you deemed it appropriate and reasonable to bust my chops even without knowing anything about me. You are one of the many examples of people on here where its hard to tell if you are joking or serious because in general your replies come off as snarky and as if you think you are smarter and better than most people on here. Maybe before you start making snarky comments to "newbs" you can think for a second about how you come across. Then again maybe you don't give a rip and for that I respect you.
    johns a newengland yankee, its just the way it is =) since when is it not pc to be snarky with a texan, next it will be the french =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Your thread got nuked and yet mine where I tried to do everything I could to get it nuked still remains. Sheesh I was really trying hard too. I guess I need to mention politics a bunch in it and argue more with @YukonRon and @JohnInCarolina.
    I don't really understand the point of setting up a thread for the main purpose of trolling the forum and hopefully getting it nuked, but to each his own I guess.  

You’re welcome to point out which recent threads of mine have fit this profile.  I’ll wait.

By the way, did I piss in your cheerios at some point?  I really don’t remember doing that, but I was in Texas back in January and had a lot to drink, so anything is possible I guess.

Not threads, you yourself troll a lot. I target you because within a week of me joining here you deemed it appropriate and reasonable to bust my chops even without knowing anything about me. You are one of the many examples of people on here where its hard to tell if you are joking or serious because in general your replies come off as snarky and as if you think you are smarter and better than most people on here. Maybe before you start making snarky comments to "newbs" you can think for a second about how you come across. Then again maybe you don't give a rip and for that I respect you.
     I really don’t remember what I busted your chops over, but maybe learn to let stuff go.  Or don’t.  Whatever.

I guess trolling can be interpreted in lots of ways.  There is good natured ribbing and then there are folks here who have a lot of history. Not everything that goes on is obvious to new folks.

As to how I come across to people, whether here or in real life, I really couldn’t care less. 
    I do let stuff go. Im not mad about you busting my chops 4 months ago. I even forgot the topic it was about. I’m just pointing out the fact that within a week of a person joining a forum about cooking you start making snarky comments to them. You’ve done it to me, Bluegrass, @SonVolt, my point is you make a comment about how lots of “troll” account have been created lately. Maybe they weren’t all troll accounts and you and several others ran people off with your snarky posts and attitude. I’m on here to learn about BGE and occasionally have a little fun. I’m staying you aren’t hurting my ego, I’m not holding on to anything, I’m just saying maybe don’t be so brash to newbs. A lot of us might want to come to an egg fest or 2 but if I’m certainly not gonna spend my hard earned cash to go anywhere if I’m going to be greated by some guy who thinks his stuff don’t stink. Then again I haven’t ever been banned from a freakin bbq forum on the internet before so we aren’t exactly on the same level.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,936

I really don’t remember what I busted your chops over, but maybe learn to let stuff go.  Or don’t.  Whatever.

I guess trolling can be interpreted in lots of ways.  There is good natured ribbing and then there are folks here who have a lot of history. Not everything that goes on is obvious to new folks.

As to how I come across to people, whether here or in real life, I really couldn’t care less. 
    I do let stuff go. Im not mad about you busting my chops 4 months ago. I even forgot the topic it was about. I’m just pointing out the fact that within a week of a person joining a forum about cooking you start making snarky comments to them. You’ve done it to me, Bluegrass, @SonVolt, my point is you make a comment about how lots of “troll” account have been created lately. Maybe they weren’t all troll accounts and you and several others ran people off with your snarky posts and attitude. I’m on here to learn about BGE and occasionally have a little fun. I’m staying you aren’t hurting my ego, I’m not holding on to anything, I’m just saying maybe don’t be so brash to newbs. A lot of us might want to come to an egg fest or 2 but if I’m certainly not gonna spend my hard earned cash to go anywhere if I’m going to be greated by some guy who thinks his stuff don’t stink. Then again I haven’t ever been banned from a freakin bbq forum on the internet before so we aren’t exactly on the same level.
    It obviously made an impression on you, because you remembered it, and cited it as the reason for “targeting” me.  Something clearly got under your skin.  But whatever man.

The crack about me getting kicked off here is hilarious, because you obviously don’t know what it was about.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina

johns a newengland yankee, its just the way it is =) since when is it not pc to be snarky with a texan, next it will be the french =)
    Fish gets me.  Lot of truth to the New England thing.  Mostly Mass influence in my case, mixed with a little live free or die NH.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831

It obviously made an impression on you, because you remembered it, and cited it as the reason for “targeting” me.  Something clearly got under your skin.  But whatever man.

The crack about me getting kicked off here is hilarious, because you obviously don’t know what it was about.

It made an impression on me because that kinda loser attitude is something I cant stand in people and why I wouldn't want to come to an eggfest if its going to be filled with people with attitudes like that.

Oh you mean the part where you got your panties in a twist about some comment "pending approval"  so you decided to write a bunch of curse words to see if it would get through and got banned for it? Are you 12? Reading that thread there are clearly people who share my opinion of you. So I take solace in that fact. I'm done interacting with you. You aren't worth my time. It got me thinking too. The Lady Eggers and a lot of the older chaps on here have the right attitude. They ignore all the crap and only pay attention to the worthwhile stuff. Think that's what I'm gonna do for awhile. Have fun with your boobie pics and your middle school comebacks.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• JohnInCarolina
    Oh boy.
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    There's lady eggers here? 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102

It made an impression on me because that kinda loser attitude is something I cant stand in people and why I wouldn't want to come to an eggfest if its going to be filled with people with attitudes like that.

Oh you mean the part where you got your panties in a twist about some comment "pending approval"  so you decided to write a bunch of curse words to see if it would get through and got banned for it? Are you 12? Reading that thread there are clearly people who share my opinion of you. So I take solace in that fact. I'm done interacting with you. You aren't worth my time. It got me thinking too. The Lady Eggers and a lot of the older chaps on here have the right attitude. They ignore all the crap and only pay attention to the worthwhile stuff. Think that's what I'm gonna do for awhile. Have fun with your boobie pics and your middle school comebacks.

There, there...it's ok.  Be happy, not sad.

Image result for cry baby

For what it’s worth I will once again repeat my view that it’s best not to take any thread or response on this forum (or oneself)...all too seriously.  Life is too short.
  • fishlessman
    For what it’s worth I will once again repeat my view that it’s best not to take any thread or response on this forum (or oneself)...all too seriously.  Life is too short.
    you stepped in it =)=)=) again
    fukahwee maine

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Would this be a bad time to get some recommendations on airports?

:i_dunno:
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Sometimes I wonder man.  How’s your car by the way?  Get it fixed?
  • fishlessman
    still trying to get the officer at the scene accident report.  duct tapped range rover in maine prolly turns more heads anyways =)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    still trying to get the officer at the scene accident report.  duct tapped range rover in maine prolly turns more heads anyways =)
    You’re able to drive it though?  Wasn’t clear to me if it was too damaged.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,022
    This place used to be a lot nicer.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    edited June 2018
    Jeremiah said:
    Would this be a bad time to get some recommendations on airports?

:i_dunno:

Malaysia Airlines
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Did somebody mention the French?Fair la paix!
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    Crap.  Why did I click on that. Damn you, man!
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,166
    Here’s a distraction that everyone should like. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sgk_6QMjVdQ
  • fishlessman
    You’re able to drive it though?  Wasn’t clear to me if it was too damaged.
    its just scuffs and broken plastic from the front bumper to the back bumper. about 7000.00 in scratches. its all plastic on these except the tailgate and the broken parts look like they just pop off and on for replacement
    fukahwee maine

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    I thought you only had that one thread about doing stuff. 
    You are prolly forgetting the one about the breakfast cereal. One of my all time favorites.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Damn man, your going someone a great ex wife. 
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Friday has started early!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    That guy knows too much to not be a troll account 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf