Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This one is a winner...

Options
Sorry no picts , but it did happen . I had no time for photos as i was feeding a crowd.  But yesterday i made beef tenderloin skewers that were marinated in homemade chimichurri sauce.  Equal parts red wine vinegar and evoo, lots of crushed garlic a little salt, chopped parsley and thats it.  Super simple, and was an absolute hit with everyone.  The meat was so flavorful  even the fussy eaters wolfed it down. The tenderness of the meat just added to the awesomeness of it all.   Safeway had usda choice tenderloin on sale for $7.77 per lb so it cost about $75 to feed 20 or so with a wow factor impact that is hard to beat ...cooked over mesquite charcoal just added to the awesomeness.

Meat marinated for 10 .hrs and that was fine.

This one's a keeper...

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options
    Congrats on the winning combo.  Do it again and take pics next time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Nice. We do a lot of chimi around here as well. Similar results with the kids and guests. Rarely  any leftovers. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Sounds like a winner to me!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,102
    Options
    How long did you marinade? Also, did you cube it like kebobs or slice then and skewer like korean bbq?
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    How long did you marinade? Also, did you cube it like kebobs or slice then and skewer like korean bbq?
    1.5" cubes, marinaded first in the minced garlic for 1 hr then the chimichurri sauce for another 9 hrs
    Crowd pleaser beyomd belief.  I had no idea it would be this easy or this successful
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I dont believe none of this. Can’t see it happening. 
  • THEBuckeye
    THEBuckeye Posts: 4,231
    Options
    It did not happen. #fakecook
    New Albany, Ohio 

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Oh it happened fellas, in fact it happened so well that ive been retained to produce the same thing for a party of 90 in June.....mYbe we will get some picts then......