Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Started planning for the outdoor kitchen and bar

Options
124»

Comments

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Killit_and_Grillit Posts: 4,326
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Screw my idea. Go with @DoubleEgger s idea.

Or for fancy parties I can always come by and hand pour.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Ron when I was in college we had a kegerator on the front porch but kids kept trying to steal it. So we put it in the living room and ran a tap line through the wall. We could take the head off when we weren't using it so nobody could just walk up and pour beer. 

Now, I'm sure you're going to want to have a much classier set up, but you could do the same thing with a couple of different bottles of wine and set them up on a pour tap. (Obviously this one is for beer but as you know they make them for wines as well. And leave you more space outside. (Then you can take the tap heads off when the kids and their friends come home!)
    Then you could just cabinet in a small cheap fridge. My dad kept one on a carport in Tennessee by the lake and that thing lasted at least a decade. 
    This has potential. I have a friend that has his plumbed into his home, by the guy that does all the plumbing for the micro breweries. One helluva set up.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    We have a slushie machine already, not quite as elaborate, but seriously gets the job done. Add to that a Jimmie Buffet full blown Margarita machine, we should be doing ok.

To have something of that capacity around me, the next time you see my name it would be in the obituaries

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Screw my idea. Go with @DoubleEgger s idea.

Or for fancy parties I can always come by and hand pour.

Classic event at a classy event.

This is why I do not need a standing bourbon slushie machine. Brain freeze and eventual death are the two main reasons, thus far.

If only @nolaegghead had thrown the oil on the fire when that was going on......where the flames reached 40 feet.......

Well, there is always next year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    And don’t forget the guest cottage :):)
    IL 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You keep getting me into a lot of trouble.
    As old as the sewer system is around here...no way do I want problems with that.....
    This should solve the problem for you.http://thisdaddoes.com/make-waterless-outdoor-urinal/
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You keep getting me into a lot of trouble.
    As old as the sewer system is around here...no way do I want problems with that.....
    This should solve the problem for you.http://thisdaddoes.com/make-waterless-outdoor-urinal/
    or this.....

• YukonRon
    Options
    You should try it first, then let me know how it works out, You convince My Beautiful Wife, and I will have one here, exclusively, just for your use. Everyone else will be entitled to our indoor facilities, for #1. While they are indoors, they can pick out the next bottle of wine.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You should try it first, then let me know how it works out, You convince My Beautiful Wife, and I will have one here, exclusively, just for your use. Everyone else will be entitled to our indoor facilities, for #1. While they are indoors, they can pick out the next bottle of wine.
    You asked for help....and you are turning a deaf ear. I may never smile again. :smirk:

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    This thread interests me greatly. I've been pondering an outdoor area. First, I must make some friends, then I'll either have to move or rebuild because Amy is about to burn our current house down to rid it of ants. Then I will build my outdoor entertaining space for my new friends. 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    This thread interests me greatly. I've been pondering an outdoor area. First, I must make some friends, then I'll either have to move or rebuild because Amy is about to burn our current house down to rid it of ants. Then I will build my outdoor entertaining space for my new friends. 
    ****. You have friends, you just don’t invite them over. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    You asked for help....and you are turning a deaf ear. I may never smile again. :smirk:

I value your help...just convincing Suzy, well that is a whole new problem....

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Im always a fan of an ice luge for shots.  Hmmmm. I wonder how we can make that happen for BB19.  Prob better on a Friday night.  
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Ron when I was in college we had a kegerator on the front porch but kids kept trying to steal it. So we put it in the living room and ran a tap line through the wall. We could take the head off when we weren't using it so nobody could just walk up and pour beer. 

Now, I'm sure you're going to want to have a much classier set up, but you could do the same thing with a couple of different bottles of wine and set them up on a pour tap. (Obviously this one is for beer but as you know they make them for wines as well. And leave you more space outside. (Then you can take the tap heads off when the kids and their friends come home!)
    Then you could just cabinet in a small cheap fridge. My dad kept one on a carport in Tennessee by the lake and that thing lasted at least a decade. 
    I hope that's a drain, and not a furnace vent.   :|

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• YukonRon
    Options
    "Whiskey River, Take My Mind"

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Here’s the inside of The shed.  Nothing all that spectacular, but it works. 

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. After working on the budget a little bit for this project, I am leaning the opposite direction from My Beautiful Wife, with her budget, I can get a few bags of Rockwood, my budget, while not quite the Taj Mahal, has a slightly higher linear projection (approx 180 degrees in angle).

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Here’s the inside of The shed.  Nothing all that spectacular, but it works. 

@thetrim do you want skunks? Because this is how you get skunks.

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN