Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Wagyu Beef Ribs- Mother’s Day delight

FATC1TYFATC1TY Posts: 828
tossed these day on today for a good meal. 

Wagyu short ribs, 5.5 pounds or so. 

Extremely rich, extremely tender with the perfect texture. 

They were fantastic, what a treat. Cooked at 265 and they went quick. Used mostly salt and pepper with a little holy cow and post oak for smoke along with some rockwood. 

-FATC1TY
Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
LBGE
MiniMax

Comments

• bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,465
    This wins the night.  Gorgeous cook.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,125
    Very nice!
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,562
    Damn.  Nice work.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,768
    Way to bring it home.  Definitely high-end brisket on a stick.  Congrats.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
    Where did you get this from by the way?  Not sure I’ve ever seen them, online or elsewhere.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• FATC1TYFATC1TY Posts: 828
    Where did you get this from by the way?  Not sure I’ve ever seen them, online or elsewhere.
    From a small newcomer from Kansas. 

Weins wagyu is the name. The folks seems real nice. It’s just a husband and wife and they’ve got some great beef. 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • mEGG_My_DaymEGG_My_Day Posts: 505
    That looks sooo gooood.  I'd give you two likes if the buffalo would allow it!!!
    Memphis, TN 
  • tymaiertymaier Posts: 93
    Oh my gosh those look good... Where did you source these?
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 895
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • leemschuleemschu Posts: 440
    Good looking ribs!
  • HntnhrdHntnhrd Posts: 700
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,111
    Dat marbling. Insane. 

Last pic may end up as my new wallpaper.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,238
    Dude. This is amazing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Thanks guys!! It was an easy going, no frills, no worries, no tinkering cook. Tossed it on and tried to forget about em. 

Took maybe 4.5 hours or so. They got to 200 and still had a little resistance but after a few more minutes it was like poking a jello mold in the shape of a rib. 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,902
    Very, Very Nice
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,651
    Wow!  Just wow!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,785
    drooling
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Very nice!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• TheophanTheophan Posts: 2,127
    Never had, or even SEEN wagyu in person.  Looks amazing!
  • Brisket_FanaticBrisket_Fanatic Posts: 2,668
    Love beef ribs, you definitely NAILED IT

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• logchieflogchief Posts: 1,323
    AAmazing and mouthwatering for sure.  Just checked out Weins' site looks like great stuff, some competition for SRF.  They definitely make good use of the Franklin videos
    LBGE - I like the hot stuff.  The big dry San Joaquin Valley, Clovis, CA 
    logchief said:
    AAmazing and mouthwatering for sure.  Just checked out Weins' site looks like great stuff, some competition for SRF.  They definitely make good use of the Franklin videos
    Yep.  Priced about the same as SRF, but their stuff looks quite a bit better.  Interesting.  

• gdenbygdenby Posts: 5,937
    Unreal!!
    logchief said:
    Yep.  Priced about the same as SRF, but their stuff looks quite a bit better.  Interesting.  

For what its worth, mine was the dry aged American wagyu so it was a mixed breed.  They have full on certified black wagyu herds and the marbling is... unreal. 

Would imagine weins stuff is probably gold grade for SRF and their Japanese stuff doesn’t have a comparison to SRF. 
    -FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
    Here’s a cut of it, insane texture. 

-FATC1TY
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    O.M.G. Those are incredible.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • StillH2OEggerStillH2OEgger Posts: 1,909
    All I can say is wow, just wow!
    Stillwater, MN
  • StormbringerStormbringer Posts: 1,228
    You had me at "wagyu", those pics are amazing. Bet it tasted good.

Large BGE and MMX, both with platesetter and cast iron grid. Superpeel for pizza, iDevice for temperature.
    Cooking on the large in deepest, darkest England since Oct 2015. MMX added to the family Mar 2016.
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff http://www.thecooksdigest.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------