Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

finally setup my xmas present from wifey and my father in law

tonyledtonyled Posts: 521
edited April 30 in EGG Table Forum
they went all secret squirrel on me and stole my handwritten plans on the table i was planning to build myself and surprised me with it for xmas.   the bricks under the table could have used some sand but this is only a temporary solution.  also worth noting my father in law is 76 and built this by himself.  i swear he gets around better than most i know and rarely misses a day at the gym and still works for fun

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 7,900
    That is awesome!
    Nice surprise right there.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 2,969
    Great Surprise !
    Visalia, Ca
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,769
    Better to be lucky than good any day.  Very thoughtful.  Permanent memories right there.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 3,785
    My table is still in the garage.  Maybe I should finish it this summer.  I think the project has been going on for a little over 3 years now.  :)  
    Large and Small BGE
    Morton, IL

• EggNorthEggNorth Posts: 1,125
    Great design and build on the table.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    LBGE (2010), Mini Max (2015)
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,465
    Very nice!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 293
    That’s awesome! Nice family 
  • Scott805Scott805 Posts: 279
    Awesome!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent table!

Dallas, TX

• bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    That's a great gift!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• Thomasc18Thomasc18 Posts: 162
    Looks great!
    Madison, AL
  • SSQUAL612SSQUAL612 Posts: 895
    Wow...must be a good man for them to put so much thought & effort into your gift.  I’d put a plaque on it to commemorate the date.  
    SoCal  XL BGE 2016, MES, 18.5 WSM,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • PoppasGrillPoppasGrill Posts: 210
    That is a nice set up. Tell Pop-in-law that he can build me one.
  • Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,405
    Nice grilling space hell of a table right there you married into a great family! 
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • SmokeLifeSmokeLife Posts: 63
    Nice design, well thought out. 
    Large BGE
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 521
    thanks for the kind words!  i am one lucky guy!
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,238
    Nice piece of functional outdoor furniture for Egging. I really like the design, and will likely use something similar, when I begin a very modest outdoor kitchen.
    Congrats on the gift, now put that bad boy to work!
    Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • tonyledtonyled Posts: 521
    SSQUAL612 said:
    Wow...must be a good man for them to put so much thought & effort into your gift.  I’d put a plaque on it to commemorate the date.  
    like this?  (thanks for the idea!  he grinned from ear to ear when he saw it!)