Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Spicy ham bone soup beans with andouille sausage. Kinda boring but very tasty.

epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,962
Put some soup beans on to soak overnight and came home at lunch and put them on to simmer with a ham bone leftover from the other day. I hate to let a good ham bone go to waste when there are beans to be seasoned. I added garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and a bit of hot sauce and simmered for about five hours till I got home. 
Tossed some sausage in the little toaster oven with some bbq sauce and served it hot and steamy with the beans. Sorry, I sliced one of the sausage pieces before I thought to take a photo. Was kinda boring compared to all the wonderful, elaborate cooks I see on here, but was quite satisfying. Next week the Vidalia onions will be in and those would have really added to this, maybe with cornbread....next time.

Comments

• BotchBotch Posts: 6,461
    Boring??? Hardly!
    I've added a soup bone to tomorrow's grocery list!  

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
  • epcotisbestepcotisbest Posts: 1,962
    Botch said:
    Boring??? Hardly!
    Thank you. This was good. Should have grilled the sausage, but I was in a hurry so the toaster oven had to do, so no egging and this went in off topic. Thanks for looking.
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,402
    That is comfort food for me x 1,000,000. It looks awesome. Thank you for posting.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
    Botch said:
    Boring??? Hardly!
    Thank you. This was good. Should have grilled the sausage, but I was in a hurry so the toaster oven had to do, so no egging and this went in off topic. Thanks for looking.
    Thank you. It was good stuff. Had the rest of the andouille with some scrambled eggs this morning.
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,274
    A bowl of that with some cornbread sounds pretty damn good to me :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.