Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Spicy ham bone soup beans with andouille sausage. Kinda boring but very tasty.

Options
epcotisbest
epcotisbest Posts: 2,174
Put some soup beans on to soak overnight and came home at lunch and put them on to simmer with a ham bone leftover from the other day. I hate to let a good ham bone go to waste when there are beans to be seasoned. I added garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and a bit of hot sauce and simmered for about five hours till I got home. 
Tossed some sausage in the little toaster oven with some bbq sauce and served it hot and steamy with the beans. Sorry, I sliced one of the sausage pieces before I thought to take a photo. Was kinda boring compared to all the wonderful, elaborate cooks I see on here, but was quite satisfying. Next week the Vidalia onions will be in and those would have really added to this, maybe with cornbread....next time.

Comments