Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Have to sell my BGE/Table - what is it worth?

YouEnjoyMyEggYouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 167
edited April 10 in EggHead Forum
I am downsizing and moving to the city (Atlanta) for a few years. I can't keep the LBGE & table. :| Of all the things I'm having to give up this one is the hardest. But they'll keep making them and I'll buy another a few years down the road.  I was hoping you guys could give me an idea of what I should ask for it.  

Large BGE
Smokeware SS Chimney Cap
Table - cypress & pine, newly sanded and stained (10/17)
New cover (March 2018)
Large Adjustable Rig Customer Combo (Ceramic Grill Store) - Rig & Crossbars/Spider/13" Round Ceramic Stone/13.5" Drip Pan/13" x 17" Oval Stainless Grid
iGrill 2 Bluetooth Thermometer
Kick Ash Basket
Small BGE cast iron grate (sits on Spider for searing, etc)
All other accessories (multiple sets of spatula/tongs, MAP torch and fuel, Tilman elkskin welding gloves, and more), 

This sucks even writing this. I'm going to put it on Craigslist soon. What should I ask? Thanks guys.

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,496
    Are you in Atlanta now?

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • blastingblasting Posts: 5,515

Nice set up - sucks to part with it

Phoenix 
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,510
    blasting said:

Nice set up - sucks to part with it

Agreed.  A lot of gear.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,701
    Dude you really should keep it. But if you're gonna sell it, I'll gladly take the adjustable rig. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • YouEnjoyMyEggYouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 167
    JRWhitee said:
    Are you in Atlanta now?
    Basically. Marietta area.
  • 20stone20stone Posts: 1,481
    Generic older used LBGEs sell for ~$500, including the usual array of accessories.  With your table and other stuff, and the condition, I would assume it would sell for ~$700ish.
    LBGE since 2008 and a MM from 2016
    Karubeque C-60 Dishwasher (when time is no object)
    Owner of multiple large scale refrigeration devices (sometimes too many)
    Vertically integrated BBQ and charcuterie operator, for recreational use only
    Elicitor of secrets from goats through unconventional methods
    Sourdough bread enthusiast

Houston, TX

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,345
    Sell the rig seperate. You'll get more money that way rather than bunching it with the egg and table. 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,701
    WeberWho said:
    Sell the rig seperate. You'll get more money that way rather than bunching it with the egg and table. 
    Exactly why you should sell the rig to me.  =)
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • 20stone said:
    Generic older used LBGEs sell for ~$500, including the usual array of accessories.  With your table and other stuff, and the condition, I would assume it would sell for ~$700ish.
    I think $800 on here would do it with all the toys. I would post for $1000 on craigs list and work your way down. People on CL don’t necesaarily understand the value of the warranty like people on here would so they may see the value of saving $750 vs retail on what you have. 
    1- LGBE
    1- KBQ C-60 (The Dishwasher)
    I- Blackstone 36" Griddle
    1- Sweet-A$$ Roccbox Pizza Oven
    1-Very Understanding and Forgiving Wife
  • cookingdude555cookingdude555 Posts: 1,509
    edited April 10
    20stone said:
    This is highly dependant on the area.  I sold two larges in the last two days for $600, each.  This one sold for that amount in 2 hours after the listing hit:

https://www.ksl.com/classifieds/listing/51752698

Although I finally installed those warranty parts I had been hanging on to for a few years, which made it look brand new (ish).

You could test the market with an ad from someone that is not you (think fake info) listing many of the major items you have, and just not have a picture (or google images...).  This could tell you what response you might get.  Maybe start low at $750 or so.  I listed mine for $650, only got a few people trying to talk me down, so I deleted the ad, took different pictures and re-posted at $600.  Then they flew out of my back yard.  Although that just could be timing and completely unrelated.

Best of luck, sorry to hear you have to sell.

John - SLC, UT

2 XLs, Medium, MM, and Mini

• HoustonEggerHoustonEgger Posts: 518
    Or you could go for broke like this guy:

Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 2,030
    I’ll trade you a taper/board matrix of Big Cypress, if you’ll deliver. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• YouEnjoyMyEggYouEnjoyMyEgg Posts: 167
    I’ll trade you a taper/board matrix of Big Cypress, if you’ll deliver. 
    haha. Love it.  It may be worth it.  :) 
  • Throw it on Facebook marketplace. There’s where I got my Big Green Egg set-up for a steal (in the ATL area) and it’s very similar to your set-up. Also, I’ve had that same cover for 2 years now and it looks just like your brand new one. 
    Atlanta, GA 

Large BGE, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E 310 
  • PM sent 
    Atlanta, GA 

Large BGE, 22" Blackstone, Weber Genesis E 310