Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Ok Bread Guru's, Now What OT

Options
13»

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    And you know the breadnerds want to know your process/recipe...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    caliking said:
    @lkapigian Whoa! Fine looking loaves :)
    Have you cut into them yet? They look fabulous.
     Thank s @SciAggie Easy Peasy recipe, after a 2 hour autolyse , mixed in the starter, in the mixer on 2 for 10 minutes ...into the fridge overnight. Divided into 3, shaped, 20 minute rest, second shape...2 hour proof and into the oven...I do use a cloche
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So I've lowered my hydration to 72 from 77, I let the bread warm for a couple hours from the fridge ( don't think I was proofing all the way before) got the Ear I was looking for...not sure if its the tweaks or the Mother is Maturing or all...Thanks for all the help

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That’s a nice loaf! Most excellent. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • lkapigian
    edited April 2018
    Options
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    So I've lowered my hydration to 72 from 77, I let the bread warm for a couple hours from the fridge ( don't think I was proofing all the way before) got the Ear I was looking for...not sure if its the tweaks or the Mother is Maturing or all...Thanks for all the help

That's a fantastic loaf! It just takes time and practice - success follows.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    lkapigian said:

That's a fantastic loaf! It just takes time and practice - success follows.
    Thanks @SciAggie , don't think I will ever get all the flour cleaned out of the kitchen..

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Thanks @SciAggie , don't think I will ever get all the flour cleaned out of the kitchen..

I hear ya. That actually gets better also. I rarely make a big mess anymore, but I used to dust the floor and counter all around me.

Are you using rice flour to coat the inside of your bannetons? If not, give that a try. You'll like it.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • lkapigian
    edited May 2018
    Options
    lkapigian said:

I forgot to add I went 90% white 10% whole wheat, I skipped mixing all together and went straight into folding after the 2 hour Autolese....
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • LetsEat
    LetsEat Posts: 458
    Options
    She is a beauty... congratulations!  
    IL 
  • lkapigian
    Options
    LetsEat said:
    She is a beauty... congratulations!  
    Thank you @LetsEat
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lkapigian
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Happier by the loaf..its a journey ...think experience and a more happier starter help...thanks for looking 

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • SciAggie
    Options
    Yeah, you’re hooked now... Beautiful loaves. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon