Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I had some amazing bbq last night. In Chicago.

Options
Green Street Meats. Some of the best brisket and pork ribs I’ve had. Definitely the best outside of Texas by far. I was hammered and the pic looks like a murder scene but trust me, it was awesome. Highly recommended. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    Fork Orgy.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    Fork Orgy.
    I ate with my hands. It was glorious. 
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options
    Where in Chicago ??

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Where in Chicago ??

I’m guessing somewhere on Green Street.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Awesome neighborhood too! 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    Curious as to how you got the steer to the place.  Also, for an Austinite (a word?)  to eat BBQ outside the local radius solidifies the hammered nature of your visit ;) .  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Some of life’s best moments are experienced as hammered moments. 

I used to to live not far from there. The Randolph St corridor had a bunch of great restaurants popping up 10yrs or so ago, and probably only got better. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    caliking said:
    Some of life’s best moments are experienced as hammered moments. 

I used to to live not far from there. The Randolph St corridor had a bunch of great restaurants popping up 10yrs or so ago, and probably only got better. 
    That neighborhood is so awesome right now. We had a blast. 
  • Spillin
    Spillin Posts: 75
    Options
    Been there a few times now.  Place is killer and has a cool vibe.  Pic taken half hammered, it was only lunch. 
    LG BGE
    36" Blackstone
    Weber Genisis
    Cold IPA on tap!
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    "Hammered" so frequently followed by "amazing"
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    The real test is how you’d like it sober....
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    CPARKTX said:
    The real test is how you’d like it sober....
    It was legit. Perfectly cooked. We went back for 2nds. 
  • caliking
    Options
    By the way, if you're in the mood for outstanding Pakistani grub, point yourself towards:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/pakeeza-bbq-and-grill-chicago

Greasy spoon, truck stop, hole-in-the-wall, home-cooking kind of fare. Not for the faint of heart. Cheap and delicious. If you're looking for hangover cures, stop by in the morning and get an omelet parantha with their milk tea. 

They're open 24/7. Frequented by cabbies. Back in the day, no matter what time of night or  morning it was, I knew if I could get to Pakkaza, I would eventually  end up at home with a full belly. 

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Nice .I'll give it a try next time I'm in the city. 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• caliking
    Options
    caliking said:
    By the way, if you're in the mood for outstanding Pakistani grub, point yourself towards:
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/pakeeza-bbq-and-grill-chicago

Greasy spoon, truck stop, hole-in-the-wall, home-cooking kind of fare. Not for the faint of heart. Cheap and delicious. If you're looking for hangover cures, stop by in the morning and get an omelet parantha with their milk tea. 

They're open 24/7. Frequented by cabbies. Back in the day, no matter what time of night or  morning it was, I knew if I could get to Pakkaza, I would eventually  end up at home with a full belly. 

True story - about 10 of us landed up there one night and ordered a whole mess of grub. Not one soul had remembered to bring their wallet. The DD figured we'd be paying since she was driving. Guy at the counter looks at me, while I'm holding on to stay vertical, "It's okay, Doc. I know you'll settle up later. " I went back the next day and did, of course. 

I lost count of how many free cab rides I got from that place. I speak some Urdu, so the cabbies considered me a brother (sort of). I tipped generously, so maybe word got around after a while.