Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Truer Words Were Never Spoken

Options
MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    We all are familiar with ONE guy that disagrees with most of that, especially the last part. ;)
    We all are familiar with ONE guy that disagrees with most of that, especially the last part. ;)
    lol'd at that one. 

Pass the Ketchup!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,192
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Unless that’s what a guest of mine wants. I make one look like a Mickey’s wing if that’s what makes a guest of mine happy. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I am torn between telling a guest to get the f*ck out of my house and just burning a steak for them, with prejudice.
    Options
    I am torn between telling a guest to get the f*ck out of my house and just burning a steak for them, with prejudice.
    I’m not eating it, so who gives AF?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I wouldn't be friends with a person like that.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • milesvdustin
    Options
    My mother in law likes steak well done. I cook it for her because she likes it. No prejudice from me 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• nolaegghead
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I made that comment for comedic value and because it felt damn good.  I'm not that much of a d!ck (or ...?)  Of course I'd be a good host and burn them a steak.  Might be the one with the most gristle though. 
    Options
    Hawk a leuge(sp?) on it and tell 'em it a herb butter topping.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    I made that comment for comedic value and because it felt damn good.  I'm not that much of a d!ck (or ...?)  Of course I'd be a good host and burn them a steak.  Might be the one with the most gristle though. 
    I think for the sake of sanity, might be best to serve some great southern seafood in lieu of the beef. Assuming you know ahead of time. I wouldn't really care either, but it does offend the snob side a bit. I would definitely have a chuckle with the mrs. later.
  • Tony_T
    Tony_T Posts: 303
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hank Hill sells Propane and Propane Accessories.
    He is not a friend of Charcoal!

• Kcheves
    Options
    It's God's gas

"Semper ubi sub ubi"

San Diego, CA

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I have kids who eat ranch on d@mn near everything so who am I to judge.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Six or so years ago when we first got our egg, I discovered reverse sear. Cooking SWMBO’s steak indirect with a dome of 250ºF for about 20 minutes till the internal came up to 120ºF, then drop mine on. When mine hit 115º-120ºF, pull em both, rest on a rack under foil tent while the egg goes nuclear. Sear and serve.
    Never had to check IT on hers, I knew it was grey and well done - without being carbonized.
    Her reason for well done was safety - an imprint from her Mom. Once we started using sous vide, she now is a medium rare gal.
    Still think that real men do not eat quiche or well done steaks, ketchup is for grilled cheese sandwiches. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!