Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Ribeye Cap

Thanks for lookin!
"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

Comments

• JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,494
    Those are some juicy steaks Buddy. Nice!!!

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,563
    Reverse seared.  Smoked to about 115, then seared in the CI for maybe 90 seconds a side to finish.  Came out perfect.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• g8golferg8golfer Posts: 845
    Looking good John 
  • SpaightlabsSpaightlabs Posts: 1,890
    BOOOOOOOM!   Winnah, winnah winnah!
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,468
    Looks great John!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,770
    Looks great.  A true banquet.  Costco?
    Next time if you want to be a contrarian, unroll and just go hot and fast for the win.  Regardless, protein gold right there.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • dsrgunsdsrguns Posts: 357
     Very nice. Hard to beat cap of ribeye.

XL BGE
    MD
    lousubcap said:
    Looks great.  A true banquet.  Costco?
    Next time if you want to be a contrarian, unroll and just go hot and fast for the win.  Regardless, protein gold right there.  
    Yep, Costco.  Unrolled is great, have done that before as well.  But if you want to add some smoke flavor, I prefer this way.

• Hans61Hans61 Posts: 3,405
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • Hungry JoeHungry Joe Posts: 1,540
    The win!
  • DMWDMW Posts: 12,464
    Beef crack right there.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,138
    Oh brother that looks great....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • tarheelmatttarheelmatt Posts: 9,317
    YeahYeahhh buddy 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • GrillSgtGrillSgt Posts: 1,721
    edited February 4
    The best dead piece of meat in the world. What’s your source or are you removing from a whole roast?
    Woodford & Barren Co. KY

LBGE, XLBGE, 2 Weber Genesis, Weber 22" kettle

I’d kill for a Nobel Peace Prize

GrillSgt said:
    The best dead piece of meat in the world. What’s your source or are you removing from a whole roast?
    Costco.

• YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,667
    Man, I need to find me some cap of ribeye.  Outstanding John!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 11,922
    Very nice sir
  • SciAggieSciAggie Posts: 3,564
    That first pic is killer. Beautiful sear and it looks like buttah...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven.
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,206
    Beautiful, it really ties the room together.
    Austin, TX
  • The steaks look awesome! I’ll have to try that cut soon.
    Dacula, GA       LG & MM BGE's   
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,981
    Looks great! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Humphrey's Weekender, Superior Smokers SS-Two, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Thai Charcoal cooker, Webers: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • CTMikeCTMike Posts: 1,670
    Nice looking grub right there John. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

Southeastern CT. 
  • YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,238
    I love doing those, very deliious meal.
    Have you tried "Hunter's Gravy" with them? It is not actually a gravy, it is a Burgundy, onion, mushroom sauce, to accompany a cut of meat that is delicious just by itself.
    Killer looking cook John, as always, a freaking grand slam.
    Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoooDawgsGoooDawgs Posts: 653
    Wow! Those are juicy.   Was there a marinade or butter put on??

I've seen the Ribeye Cap at Costco as well.  Were yours already sliced or did you have to dissect yourself? 
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • jaydub58jaydub58 Posts: 2,130
    Serious drooler!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Those are great looking!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,654
    Love it!  Nice work.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,522
    Nailed it!
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,939
    Looks delicious John!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    GoooDawgs said:
    Wow! Those are juicy.   Was there a marinade or butter put on??

I've seen the Ribeye Cap at Costco as well.  Were yours already sliced or did you have to dissect yourself? 
    No marinade. I use a glaze that is butter, Worcestershire, and honey.  I dissected.