Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SV + Egged = DELICIOUS

Options
The Better Half bought herself an Instant Pot Ultra for Christmas on one of those flash deals for a really good price.  So, she decided we would test the Sous Vide ability on a 4# top sirloin roast. It was then reverse seared on the Egg at 600*.

Tender, juicy and DELICIOUS!!!

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Looks great
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Looks GREAT!! How long SV, and at what temp. Did the PC hold the temp accurately?

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    Temp was set to 131 for 14hrs. recipe found on "thatothercookingblog.com" I guess the temp held close enough, it was perfect. 

The reverse sear was maybe 5-6 minutes total.
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
    Awesome looking meal!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    onedbguru said:
    Temp was set to 131 for 14hrs. recipe found on "thatothercookingblog.com" I guess the temp held close enough, it was perfect. 

The reverse sear was maybe 5-6 minutes total.
    The reason I asked was a post I saw here recently that mentioned that the IP was ± 5 or 10 degrees from target. Yours obviously turned out well. =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks great!  The SV is a total game changer. 
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • CPARKTX
    CPARKTX Posts: 2,095
    Options
    The looks amazing. I got a SV setup for Christmas and can’t wait to try it
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.  
  • onedbguru
    Options
    Unfortunately, now that we have had a successful SV, we may have to purchase an actual SV setup. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yep!  Great job.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • onedbguru
    Options
    So, for lunch today we sauteed some peppers and onions and lightly reheated the meat and put it in a wrap with some Stonewall Kitchen Horseradish Aioli.

Still VERY good.
  • Hawg Fan
    Hawg Fan Posts: 1,517
    Options
    Nice looking beef.  I started using the SV last month and have done beef 3 times and turkey once.  The beef is awesome, but my turkey SV needs some improvement.  Leftover beef makes great fajitas too.

Any road will take you there if you don't know where you're going.

Terry

Rockwall, TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    Nice “ multiuse” kitchen tool
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian