Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Will it?

Options
Will the ole market hit 25k today?
The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Maybe!!  Usually it's a big sell off on the last day, but with all the tax cuts next year the everybody might sit on what they have, who knows.  It's been a awesome ride this year, can't wait to see what it does next year!
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    To think that we began the year just north of 19.  Yep, what a ride!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    I'll bet it's because of Obama.  ;) 

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    DT loves to take credit for the surge, but the chart below says otherwise.  When will it end???

Signal Mountain, TN
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,758
    Options
    TN_Egger said:
    DT loves to take credit for the surge, but the chart below says otherwise.  When will it end???

That chart says otherwise because someone wanted it to appear otherwise.

Why is the spacing on that chart the way it is AFTER 2016??  The spacing between 20,000-26,000 (6000 difference) is the same as the spacing between 8000-1000 (2000 difference).  They tightened it upt so it would make a nice straight line.

Here's one that actually show the trend line change angles in Nov 2016.

from the chart, obama averaged about 1750 points per year compared to trumps 5000 points per year with three weeks to go =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    The reality is that, with a few exceptions, Presidents have fairly little impact on the economy.  That doesn’t stop them from taking credit when the economy and stock markets are booming, and from voters assigning blame when the opposite occurs.  

But... don’t let any of this get in the way of the narratives, y’all.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    Options
    The reality is that, with a few exceptions, Presidents have fairly little impact on the economy.  That doesn’t stop them from taking credit when the economy and stock markets are booming, and from voters assigning blame when the opposite occurs.  

its OPTIMISM stoking the economy. US deploable worker bees have not had that in a while ;)
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

its OPTIMISM stoking the economy. US deploable worker bees have not had that in a while ;)
    Right.  Look up the number of jobs added over the last year compared to the one before.  I’ll wait.

We all better hope things are being propped up by a little bit more than a whole lot of BUULSHEAHT.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
    TN_Egger said:

Why is the spacing on that chart the way it is AFTER 2016??  The spacing between 20,000-26,000 (6000 difference) is the same as the spacing between 8000-1000 (2000 difference).  They tightened it upt so it would make a nice straight line.

from the chart, obama averaged about 1750 points per year compared to trumps 5000 points per year with three weeks to go =)
    So in "Dreamland" the Dow will be at 40K when The Donald is reelected in Nov. 2020.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• stlcharcoal
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

So in "Dreamland" the Dow will be at 40K when The Donald is reelected in Nov. 2020.
    A year ago, if someone told you the Dow was going to be at 25,000 you probably would have called in Dreamland too, right?

Can everyone just agree this is a GOOD thing??  Doesn't matter who the president is. 
  • fishlessman
    Options

Right.  Look up the number of jobs added over the last year compared to the one before.  I’ll wait.

We all better hope things are being propped up by a little bit more than a whole lot of BUULSHEAHT.
    optimism has nothing to do with jobs, but if better jobs come, gameover =)
    fukahwee maine

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

A year ago, if someone told you the Dow was going to be at 25,000 you probably would have called in Dreamland too, right?

Can everyone just agree this is a GOOD thing??  Doesn't matter who the president is. 
    Left will never give him credit. If he solves world hunger they will say it took him way to long. 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

things that piss off liberals
    tax cuts
    more money in your pocket
    the dow hitting 40k
    more jobs
    better jobs
    trump
    americans =)
    a simple wall to keep out illegal people
    saving the dreamers,  when trump does it heads will spin
    please feel free to add to the list
    fukahwee maine

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

Left will never give him credit. If he solves world hunger they will say it took him way to long. 
    I look forward to him solving world hunger next, right after he waves his magic wand and makes the debt disappear.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

things that piss off liberals
    tax cuts
    more money in your pocket
    the dow hitting 40k
    more jobs
    better jobs
    trump
    americans =)
    a simple wall to keep out illegal people
    saving the dreamers,  when trump does it heads will spin
    please feel free to add to the list
    Things conservatives believe will keep out illegal people:

a simple wall
  • g8golfer
    Options
    Saying Merry Christmas 
    Downgrading Hillary
    Global Warming or Climate Change 

• fishlessman
    Options
    christmas bonuses =)
    fukahwee maine

• g8golfer
    Options
    christmas bonuses =)
    That puts them over the edge. I mean AT&T gave away 200 million to employees over the tax cut. How dare them do that to working people. 
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Does it really matter what this party or another does?  Nope.  Even if one party found the cure for cancer there will be copy/paste responses from the other putting it down.  

And we cannot figure out why only 30% show up to vote.  70% know it's just a game.

'Meet the new boss, same as the old boss...'

:) 

Edit: I'm in a grumpy mood because all my wife and I got for Christmas was the flu.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    christmas bonuses =)
    That puts them over the edge. I mean AT&T gave away 200 million to employees over the tax cut. How dare them do that to working people. 

http://appleinsider.com/articles/17/12/26/att-workforce-stricken-with-over-2000-layoffs-us-wide-days-after-1000-tax-reform-bonus-check/amp/

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

Lol. Did you give Obummer credit for the job growth under his Presidency?  Somehow I doubt it.
  • fishlessman
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    HeavyG said:
    TN_Egger said:

Lol. Did you give Obummer credit for the job growth under his Presidency?  Somehow I doubt it.
    liberals think job growth is  the same as getting two low paying jobs to make ends meet, but all the same i give obumma credit for that =)
    fukahwee maine

• g8golfer
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina sure I gave him credit. I mean I loved Obama. 
  • g8golfer
    Options
    @JohnInCarolina I like the Obama’s so much that if they came over for dinner I would cook them a nice meal using lighter fluid. 
  • stlcharcoal
    Options

Yep, and in sales..........In the gun industry!  Haha.  :)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    liberals think job growth is  the same as getting two low paying jobs to make ends meet, but all the same i give obumma credit for that =)
    Amen brother Fish. Libturds just dont get it. I dont pay attention to graphs and charts. That crap means nothing to me. What i do pay attention to is my paycheck and bank account. Under a liberal nut job, my check is minuscule and my bank account is zilch. Under the helm of a good, God fearing man like Trump, my paycheck is healthy and fat. And my bank account runneth over. So no matter what their stupid graphs and charts show, my paycheck and bank account reflects the truth. Obingo broke me. Trump saved me, as he did millions of others. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• g8golfer
    Options
    @SGH yessir preach it. Show all the graphs and charts but all the evidence I need is my paycheck and bank account. Best year my family has had. Suck it libs. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    Amen brother Fish. Libturds just dont get it. I dont pay attention to graphs and charts. That crap means nothing to me. What i do pay attention to is my paycheck and bank account. Under a liberal nut job, my check is minuscule and my bank account is zilch. Under the helm of a good, God fearing man like Trump, my paycheck is healthy and fat. And my bank account runneth over. So no matter what their stupid graphs and charts show, my paycheck and bank account reflects the truth. Obingo broke me. Trump saved me, as he did millions of others. 
    Lol!  You had some of your best years under “Slick Willie,” and you know it!