Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Welcome Home (Deal of the Day)

ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,778
edited December 2017 in EggHead Forum
I just added another large to the family. A buddy of mine won it at a his works Christmas party. He can't cook a hot dog and offered it up for cheap. Cheap, cheap...

SWMBO will not be happy, but I am ecstatic. I pick it up this evening

WooHoo
Two large BGE, KJ Jr, 36" Blackstone, FlameBoss 300
Follow me on Instagram @ hoosier_egger
Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

Comments

• Nice score
  • ColtsFan said:

A buddy of fine won it at a his works Christmas party. He can't cook a hot dog and offered it up for cheap.

"If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,516
    Boom!
  • THEBuckeyeTHEBuckeye Posts: 4,044
    With all due respect, you suck. 
    New Albany, Ohio 

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,000
    Very nice score in deed. You should at the very least show him how to cook a hot dog ;)
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,332
    Awesome! Congrats. Can he track down the receipt?
  • Very nice score in deed. You should at the very least show him how to cook a hot dog ;)
    I agree.  And then make sure there aren't any bridges nearby when he figures out how easy it is.  
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 2,296
    Very nice score in deed. You should at the very least show him how to cook a hot dog ;)
    Start with a precooked hot dog, trying just to heat it up with some nice grill marks.  Then take the training wheels off.
    LBGE - 36Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Kent8621Kent8621 Posts: 327
    edited December 2017
    wow your day has officially gone better than our Colts season.  at least you'll have this to cook on to get you though until our Top 3 draft pick. (editors note I am a big colts fan as well).

2 Large Eggs - Huntsville, AL

Boiler Up!!

• ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,778
    I offered to give him a crash course on his new egg. He has zero interest....poor guy
  • thetrimthetrim Posts: 5,649
    Why would anyone Grill a hot dog when you can walk into any 7-11 in the country and have one ready and waiting right there for you.   
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,763
    Another forum member experiencing "Better to be lucky than good any day" today.  What a score.  Congrats.  
    And I'm impressed that the BGE was a gift at an office Xmas party.  
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • pgprescottpgprescott Posts: 10,516
    It would be cruel to even give him a hint of what he's done.
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Some guys have all the luck!!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• onedbguruonedbguru Posts: 1,550
    Some guys have all the luck!!

No Joke!!!
    My wife says I don't "need" one to which I reply "Need" has absolutely nothing to do with it. 
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,763
    Always remember, "Life is not based on need alone!"
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • ColtsFanColtsFan Posts: 1,778
    Well she's home and resting in the garage. SWMBO is letting me sleep in the house tonight  =)

• Great score, but what about the restofus!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Well if your wife has a change of heart... I’ll take it....  :D
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • I got a 500 dollar margarita machine at my work party. Gonna get crunk

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Akorn Jr

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)