Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Return of Lucy

Options
Used 1/2 short rib grind, 1/2 85/15, so it was extra juicy. Bacon, avo, sweet-hot jalapeños and pickles optional. Dukes required to hold the toppings on the brioche. 

It's a 302 thing . . .

Comments

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Yes I would kill that brother...
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Leopoldstoch
    Options
    Looks delicious!

Brandon - Ohio

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    Perfection!
    Snellville, GA

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I also like to live dangerously

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    Jucy even spelled right with the correct cheese. Nailed it!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,335
    Options

Just kidding  =) Looks fantastic! I'll take two
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Beats the heck out of that Peanuts character! Mmmmmmmm!!!!!!
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    ColtsFan said:

Just kidding  =) Looks fantastic! I'll take two
    LOL. I love RARE but went medium for this crowd. 
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • Eoin
    Eoin Posts: 4,304
    Options
    Used 1/2 short rib grind, 1/2 85/15, so it was extra juicy. Bacon, avo, sweet-hot jalapeños and pickles optional. Dukes required to hold the toppings on the brioche. 

Look amazing. Please explain the meat content.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Your Lucy was edible - this Lucy from the past wasn't!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    @Eoin -- I was at Whole Paycheck and they had something beautiful in the case labeled "ground short rib burger 80/20". Took 2/3rds of a pound of that and mixed it with 2/3rds of a pound of 85/15 chuck bc you need a cardiologist's note to make burgers out of all ground short rib. 

Seriously, the short rib grind was coarse and rich and gorgeous. Added some Montreal seasoning and divided it into 6 equal-sized balls and refrigerated a few hours before forming patties, filling with cheese, combining and sealing. 

It really needed those sweet-hot pickles and jalapeños to add some acid. And I was concerned that a pound and a third wouldn't be enough for 3 Lucys, but with the cheese and rich short rib, there was plenty of meat -- we were plenty stuffed (ha!). 

I'm a recent convert to the Lucy and favor it over the Smash. Controversial opinion for sure. May have to ask for that doctor's note to gather more data!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Very nice!
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Gorgeous cook. Always a favorite. I did them with bacon bits and bleu cheese.
    Yours looked delicous just as all your cooks always do.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GoooDawgs
    GoooDawgs Posts: 1,060
    Options
    @HendersonTRKing those look great.   Just got a meat grinder and will give that meat combo a try.   Is that your favorite combo?  I was debating short ribs, brisket and 80/20 chuck.
    Milton, GA 
    XL BGE & FB300
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    @GoooDawgs -- I'd never had short rib grind and judging by the way it looked (really coarse and very marbled), I thought it might be too rich by itself.  You can see from the pix how it dominated the mix.  It was awesome with the 85/15 -- very moist, held together well.  I didn't use 80/20 to mix in bc it seemed plenty fatty as it was.  I think any mix would only improve with some brisket mixed in.  Looking forward to seeing what you end up doing!  Keep us posted!
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    I love lucy...