Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Commonly misused phrases - OT

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    "FIFO"  @THEBuckeye
    I have a presentation tomorrow. A guy on the team continues to say "quadtriple". Even after we corrected him. 
  • jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    If you’re a nerd like me and this stuff interests you, read The Mother Tongue by Bill Bryson. Entertaining and informative. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,494
    Options
    I have a presentation tomorrow. A guy on the team continues to say "quadtriple". Even after we corrected him. 
    I've worked in the "nu-cu-lar" weapon industry for over a dozen years; don't get me started!  :perturbed:

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    In my business, I hear the term “lymph noids” fairly often. 
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Limp Noid?  Is that like soggy pizza?

Flint, Michigan
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    Injection tools 
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jeffwit said:
    In my business, I hear the term “lymph noids” fairly often. 
    A buddy on Cardiac had an incident with "Home O2?", he's gay, cracked us up as newbies, when he thought she was referring to him when another nurse asked in report.

O2 "stats" is another.

My fatboy ridin' built like a brick sh!thouse foreman Big Kurt would say, "We're dug in like an Arkansas tick."  

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    Options
    "Canadians" .... a friend used that term to describe topless women on the beach
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,127
    edited November 2017
    Options
    A coworker in a meeting: "I can't tell you to do it, I'm like a naked emperor"
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • tml1230
    tml1230 Posts: 237
    Options
    I complimented a coworker once  that he looked and was dressed particularly sharp that morning.... He advised he was on his way to a promotional interview.  His exact quote was   " u gotta look impotent to be impotent"
    he didn't get the promotion.
    Sarasota Fl. and  Lake Toxaway N.C. (and Novembers on the island of Kauai) (and April in France.... Don't hate on me for that)
    BGE  medium and minimax
    HOW  BOUT THEM GATORS !
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Nothing wrong about the usage of that word.  Back in the day, guys from metro Detroit would make our way to Windsor, Ontario for a bit of culture.  The Canadian Ballet.  For those that don't know, there's an abundance of stripper bars in the GWN.
    Flint, Michigan
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    Nothing wrong about the usage of that word.  Back in the day, guys from metro Detroit would make our way to Windsor, Ontario for a bit of culture.  The Canadian Ballet.  For those that don't know, there's an abundance of stripper bars in the GWN.
    Drive by them all the time. Should stop one day but I need to save my money for charcoal. 
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • Elijah
    Elijah Posts: 689
    Options
    Six of one half. A dozen of the other.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Recent conversation at the Burger King drive thru:

Me: can I please have a sausage and egg biscuit?
    BK speaker: Sorry, we ain't got no biscuits!
    Me. Great, so you have plenty of biscuits.  
    BK speaker: Huh?
    Me: nevermind (as i drive away not interested in. Crossanwich w a luigi on it)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    Options
    Reign yourselves in and tow the line. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Close proximity

• Gym
    Gym Posts: 366
    Options
    De-thaw the meat
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    gmac said:
    Drive by them all the time. Should stop one day but I need to save my money for charcoal. 
    That’s why it is great going from the states.  We’d drive to Montreal at least once a month when I was in college.  Drinking age was only 18, and with the exchange rate, it was always half-price beers and the girls would flock to the guys tipping with US dollars.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    My mother-in-law likes to say someone is "all in a twat" when they're angry.  =)

I'll never correct her.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • SmartyPantz
    Options
    Taxation is theft! Put that in your pipe and smoke it!
    When do y'all teach me the secret handshake?
    XL BGE, 36" Blackstone, and a Wah Wah pedal
    Williamsburg, VA
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Image result for moo point

Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    Image result for moo point

kinda like a mute point?
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    I still say “tape it” when referring to recording DVR :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited November 2017
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Recent conversation at the Burger King drive thru:

Me: can I please have a sausage and egg biscuit?
    BK speaker: Sorry, we ain't got no biscuits!
    Me. Great, so you have plenty of biscuits.  
    BK speaker: Huh?
    Me: nevermind (as i drive away not interested in. Crossanwich w a luigi on it)
    Ahhh yes, the 'double negative' gets them every time. They did not pay attention in 4th grade, but I did.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    edited November 2017
    Options
    From sports announcer Joe Buck and many others:

Quarterback throws long ball toward the end zone. The receiver looks like he is outrunning the defensive backs and should catch the long pass for a TD.

"He's going for the home run!!"

Huh?

Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • RajunCajun
    RajunCajun Posts: 1,035
    Options
    Butt naked....buck naked.....naked is naked!
    The problem with a problem is that you don't know it's a problem until it's a problem, and that is a big problem.
    Holding the company together with three spreadsheets and two cans connected by a long piece of string.
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @RajunCajun there's a big difference between naked ( a lack of clothing) and nekkid (a lack of clothing and you're up to something).  E.g., she was naked for her massage. They were nekkid after the party and heading for the hot tub. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    @theyolksonyou she is so totally serious when she says these things which makes it even funnier.  @fred19flintstone licking his own @ss is a combo of licking his wounds and beating his own @ss.  Meaning, he's wounded and feeling guilty for his actions.  Sh!t or get off the fan is sofa king funny I'm thinking of making tee shirts.  The visual is quite... umm... needs no other description. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    I'm down for a shirt!
    Flint, Michigan