Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Surf and Turf, Finally Got A Steak Right!

With hurricane Nate gone ahead of schedule and after seeing @bgebrent with his surf and turf, I had a craving. This is nowhere close to the level of Brent's cook and I didn't feel at all ambitious today. My history with steaks on the egg has been lackluster, going from decent to bad. But I finally was able to get a thumbs up from the wife on this one (she's hard to please with steaks, at least she has standards right??)!

Mickey's coffee rub on my steak.

Half of the shrimp were coated with a butter mixture.

Other half of the shrimp in Everglades fish and chicken seasoning.

Dinner did not suck!

Glad to know everyone fared well with Nate! We only got some much needed rain 5-6 inches and a few friends lost power, no biggie.

Thanks for looking!
LBGE
SC AL

Comments

• jabamjabam Posts: 1,693
    Fine looking meal right there!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,485
    Spectacular cook brother.  You ate well for sure. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • YEMTreyYEMTrey Posts: 5,669
    Great looking plate of food, I'd tear that up!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Very nice, everything looks awesome
  • TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 519
    edited October 2017
    Thanks guys! Side note, I'm not quite sure how this ended up in off topic, I selected the Egghead Forum? Maybe fat fingers. Anyways, is there a way to change that and move it to the right thread? Guess it's no big deal.
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,939
    Dayumn good eats!  When the pasture and ocean meet they are at one in Zen. Nice work!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGHSGH Posts: 24,064
    edited October 2017
    @TideEggHead
    For sheer fukking greatness. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,025
    edited October 2017
    Very nice job. 

No need to go on about Brent's cook. He is only the photogher and poster on the forum.  His wife actually does the lions share of the real work. JKOC.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• Thanks again guys! Finally getting my steak confidence back. I feel like I should crack a cold one for getting a seal of approval!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • bluebird66bluebird66 Posts: 2,031
    Great looking surf and turf!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,475
    To crack just one beer would be like kneeling at the seal. Some would consider it a sign of disrespect. 

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• CPARKTXCPARKTX Posts: 1,858
    Very nice
    LBGE & SBGE.  Central Texas.