Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Brussel Sprout goof up

I made brussel sprouts in an iron skillet. I pulled them off and popped in the oven on warm while I cooked the meat. My dummy move was forgetting that skillet was still over 400. My sprouts were extra crispy not original. Looked ugly as sin but still tasted okay. I should have dumped them in a glass dish. This gives me a great excuse to cook again tomorrow. 
Good news is I tried smashed burgers with that meal. Unreal!!! The family ate them quicker than I could take pics. 

Comments

• lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 2,972
    Pics...crispy sprouts are good, props for cooking them 
    Visalia, Ca
  • vb4677vb4677 Posts: 433
    I LOVE sprouts - sorry you had a clinker - but you live and learn!

Kansas City: Too Much City for One State - Missouri side
    Large BGE, Instant Pot, Anova Sous Vide, and a couple of gas smokers...
    Barbeque, Homebrew and Blues...
  • Sprouts get better the crispier they get.  Truth.
  • I recently discovered I love sprouts. I remember them as a kid and did not like them at all. Opened a whole new world to me when I discovered I liked them trying them again a few months ago.
    ♦︎ John ♦︎ Newbie ♦︎ Large BGE ♦︎ Topeka, KS ♦︎ Twitter ♦︎ My Blog ♦︎
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,522
    I par boil them first. Fry chopped streaky bacon in a pan with chilli then fry the sprouts in the bacon fat.
  • As goof ups go this is a pretty minor offense around here.  We've had people tie their dogs to their Eggs with devastating results...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• @Eoin And diced shallots. 
    Somewhere in Colorado
    LBGE, PGS A40 Gasser