Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

And I always thought Ozark Oak was best. But...

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited August 2017 in EggHead Forum
SAN SABA, Texas (KWTX)
Bags of charcoal delivered to at least two local grocery stores contained tightly wrapped bricks of marijuana, police say.
Acting on a tip Tuesday morning, police found six tightly wrapped bricks of marijuana hidden in bags of charcoal at the Lowe’s Grocery store in San Saba.
None of the Encino Brand charcoal made it to the store’s shelves.
Store managers were shocked, but thankful that none of it went home with customers.
"The people at Lowe's were very helpful in the investigation." San Saba police Chief Ray Riggs said.
Meanwhile, in nearby Mason, a woman purchased a bag of charcoal from Lowe's and was stunned when she opened it.
"Inside there were six small bags of marijuana. About a pound of it." said a Mason county sheriff's deputy.
"We're very fortunate that it was sold to an honest customer." he added.
Investigators went through the store’s remaining inventory of Encino Charcoal but nothing else was found. 
According to a Lowe's manager, Store managers were shocked, but thankful that none of it went home with customers.
"The people at Lowe's were very helpful in the investigation." San Saba police Chief Ray Riggs said.
Meanwhile, in nearby Mason, a woman purchased a bag of charcoal from Lowe's and was stunned when she opened it.
"Inside there were six small bags of marijuana. About a pound of it." said a Mason county sheriff's deputy.
"We're very fortunate that it was sold to an honest customer." he added.
Investigators went through the store’s remaining inventory of Encino Charcoal but nothing else was found. 
According to a Lowe's manager, Encino Charcoal is packaged in Mexico.
The manager said bags shipped to other stores in nearby towns were also inspected but so far, nothing else has turned up. is packaged in Mexico.
The manager said bags shipped to other stores in nearby towns were also inspected but so far, nothing else has turned up.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Better than rocks...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    smoking!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    If I had found it, I wouldn't have had a clue what it was. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Best lump ever.

And if it's 6 bags/lb, those aren't small bags of weed.
    NOLA
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Bought some lump at Lowes today, ...

What was I just talking about?

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Time to check my local Lowe's for some Encino lump.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    You would not have cared if you had just dumped it into the egg, and then waved your noe over the top vent to test if the VOCs were gone.....Maybe a new trend, using the Big Green Bong. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    You would not have cared if you had just dumped it into the egg, and then waved your noe over the top vent to test if the VOCs were gone.....Maybe a new trend, using the Big Green Bong. 
    Oh, if I had lit it I would have known. And I would have been pssed!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    No such thing as waiting for the bad smoke to clear with those lumps.
  • Mikee
    Mikee Posts: 892
    Options
    Can't imagine all the neighbors coming around. 'What's cooking?' 

• jeffwit
    jeffwit Posts: 1,348
    Options
    I get hungry smelling what I'm cooking now. Imagine the munchies with that smoke profile!
    Jefferson, GA
    XL BGE, MM, Things to flip meat over and stuff
    Wife, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 4 cats, 12 chickens, 2 goats, 2 pigs. 
    “Honey, we bought a farm.”
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I want to see the review on the N Wiz.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Now that's marketing!  Kinda like a cereal surprise for adults.

On a related note, I found zip lock of weed outside of restaurant depot the other day.

Phoenix 
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    I hunt in San Saba. There's only 2 grocery stores in the town and I think one closed down. And before anyone goes running to their local Lowe's hardware store to buy charcoal, forget it. It's a different store. This Lowe's is a grocery store and Ace hardware store. Not sure how they get away using the Lowe's name but it's been there for a while.
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Toxarch said:
     This Lowe's is a grocery store and Ace hardware store. Not sure how they get away using the Lowe's name but it's been there for a while.
    It's the other way around I believe......they have close to 200 stores and have been around a lot longer in TX than the "other" Lowes.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    @Mickey.... You liked OO because it was free.  :o
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,345
    Options
    Encino Charcoal ~ "We make you hungry as a mothertrucker"
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• WDE86
    WDE86 Posts: 69
    Options
    It's magnificent to see that at least one charcoal manufacturer has high standards for their product. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Will this be Mickey's last post?
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    henapple said:
    @Mickey.... You liked OO because it was free.  :o
    And you brought it to the house! 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.