Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OT - Dodge dealership I bought update.

texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,231
 Finally took over possession of it on Monday.  here is a little video I made of the before. Yes there a lot of junk in there. 

Scott
Greenville ,Tx

Xl bge with woo2 and ajustable rack

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 14,031
    Yeah, boi!
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,917
    Sweat!!!
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 27,204
    OMFG.  Did you make the freaks empty out the crap?

Was anything ever sold?  Looks like whoever collected the stuff focused on whatever was left from eviction piles after they were picked over by bums.

Just messin wif ya!  Beautiful space, seriously, I'd love to have that.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 11,275
    Congrats! And I call dibs on the flag and the Mickey Mouse...

What were they using it as ?? Goodwill store? Seriously though, good luck with your plans for it. Would love to see updates. And the murder van parked out front!

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswigtexaswig Posts: 2,231
    @nolaegghead @caliking the guy had been in there for 25 years. He would buy 18 wheeler loads sight unseen. It's all just a bunch of crap pretty much. I'm giving my friends a chance to come pick this Saturday. Then it's going to goodwill. Salvation Army.  thrift stores. And then the landfill. It's a super cool old building. I'm pumped. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• LegumeLegume Posts: 8,295
    Sweat!!!
    You know, I've heard its better to make your own rub, you can control the sweatness.
    Austin, TX
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 8,295
    Congrats Wig!  Nice little project you have there but it's going to be very cool when you're finished.  One of a kind space.
    Austin, TX
  • EoinEoin Posts: 1,647
    What are you going to use this building for?
    edited July 2017
    @Eoin the front part a living space. The back 6000 square foot into a hobby maker/studio place. It's in the old downtown area of Greenville TX. Which is just gotten a new resurgence. 
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• EoinEoin Posts: 1,647
    Looks great @texaswig, got any pictures of the outside. That period of building is nice, good to have a ton of space as well.
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

@Eoin there's a few
    Scott
    Greenville ,Tx

• YukonRonYukonRon Posts: 12,423
    @texaswig
    Outstanding opportunity for you my friend. This will be a very cool set up, indeed.
    Congrats and keep posting the changes you will make. That kind of space can facilitate many events. Have fun.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • HotchHotch Posts: 3,328
    Good luck my friend!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 23,127
    i like it. the inside looks like some front lawns in maine =) really nice looking building
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 6,441
    Congrats!
  • JohnnyTarheelJohnnyTarheel Posts: 5,205
    Yes sir... Congrats!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,355
    YukonRon said:
    @texaswig
    Outstanding opportunity for you my friend. This will be a very cool set up, indeed.
    Congrats and keep posting the changes you will make. That kind of space can facilitate many events. Have fun.
    in sure that wasn't a hint.  ;)
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 8,917
    Legume said:
    Sweat!!!
    You know, I've heard its better to make your own rub, you can control the sweatness.
    Yeah, edit button is gone already .... I'm going with; I was refering to all the sweat equity he will have after clearing it out.

He should call that chubby/skinny guy combo from the History channel. I think their show is "American Pickers" or something.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

XL, Medium, Minimax, Mini, Blackstone, WSM
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 11,275
    I think you should keep the name and still call it The Dodge House when its all done. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,170
    Very cool. Looks like it's got a lot of potential 
  • DobieDobie Posts: 2,408
    Maybe a few little gems hidden in there if you know what you're looking at. 
    Not playing well with others in Jacksonville FL
  • The_StacheThe_Stache Posts: 864
    Might put a call into Mike Wolfe! (American Pickers)

In a full time state of entropious nebulinity as Head Brewmeister and Chief Flatulator @ Rancho Loco Brewery and Flatutorium, Kirkland, TN

• HotchHotch Posts: 3,328
    Run an ad in the paper and tell everyone to come back by and get their stuff!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Carolina QCarolina Q Posts: 13,077
    YukonRon said:
    @texaswig
    in sure that wasn't a hint.  ;)
    Brisket Camp #43? =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!

…Unknown

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jlsmjlsm Posts: 982
    Just fantastic. Good luck. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • gbvinlagbvinla Posts: 84

Looks like a dream come true. I'm guessing there is a car lift or two in there somewhere.

Let us see the work in progress. Congrats!

Large BGE x2  Now we're cookin' in Dothan Al.