Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermapen probe tip bent

Options
Angela
Angela Posts: 543
I have no idea how it happened, we've owned it for almost 10 years but our classic Thermapen probe tip all of a sudden is bent at a 30 degree angle. It's kind of a pain for some applications. Anyone know if the probe part is replaceable? 
Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle

Comments

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options
    Probably not user replaceable. Thermoworks might be able to replace it for a fee that is less than the price of a new one. Contact them.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I would definitely contact Thermoworks. My battery lid for my pen got damaged while trying to open it the first time. I sent it in, they fixed and recalibrate, sent it back with a pack of jellybeans, only cost was postage.
    It was a couple years old at that point.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    Didn't anyone tell you not to probe the meat until AFTER it had thawed?
     =) 

Seriously, look at it as a chance to upgrade to the newer model. Probably at a discount.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    All good points, I'll try calling them next week. 
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    They will rebuild the whole thing for you at a very fair price when you send it in. I have had mine rebuilt twice- once on them and once on me. I want to say it was like $35 but it has been several years. They have great service. I got to pick a new case and everything. You'll have a brand new unit when it comes back
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I posted it on here somewhere. I'll see if I can find it. But call or email them and you will be off and running in no time. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I just checked my emails- It was $25 for the whole rebuild, including a new case.  Great service. They emailed me every step of the way and had it back in like 10 days from day I sent it. Send them an email to get started, they will assign you a case manager and that person will be with you every step of the way. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    They will rebuild the whole thing for you at a very fair price when you send it in. I have had mine rebuilt twice- once on them and once on me. I want to say it was like $35 but it has been several years. They have great service. I got to pick a new case and everything. You'll have a brand new unit when it comes back
    What?! A piece of consumer electronics that can be serviced and not just thrown away? Next someone will say you can fix a microwave by replacing the magnetron. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle