Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

4# of Bone in Rib Eye Goodness

xfire_ATXxfire_ATX Posts: 493
As my Brother works at a quite respectable Steak House he kept saying he was going to bring over a Tomahawk one day.  Well we didn't get that but he got a nice 4# Bone in Rib Roast that we decided it would be great for a Reverse Sear.

The Roast

We cut it in half for 2 seperate Rib Eyes, Seasoned with simple Salt and Pepper and put aside for later.  Next up read on hear to cook the potatoes direct with EVOO and Salt for greater than an hour.  So we got those on.

Here comes the Rib Eyes indirect ~325

When they hit ~90 IT flipped them and the potatos

at ~130 IT pulled them to rest and added two petite filets and Corn on the Cob.

Time to Sear all the Meat, 1st time I had done this and was shocked how easy it was to get >600

And here is the Reverse Sear- thank goodness I had some gloves or I would never had gotten that meat back off.

And it was time for Dinner.  We only put one of those steaks down between 3 of us.  So my Brother and I each got half the other to have for leftovers.

Really enjoyed the process, loved the potatoes glad I searched here for that method before I just wrapped them.
LBGE, Charbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Weber Kettle Premium, Yeti 65, RTIC 20, Yeti 20 oz Rambler, Yeti Colster, RTIC Lowball

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits

Comments

• FoghornFoghorn Posts: 6,480
    There's only one thing I can say to this.

You guys are lightweights.  You should have invited @SGH over.  Or me.  There wouldn't have been any leftovers.  

Seriously, great cook.  Your brother is welcome to drive some work meat down to my place in San Antonio any time.  You can even tag along since I know you won't eat too much.

XL BGE, Klose BYC, ProQ Excel, Weber Kettle, Firepit, Grand Turbo gasser, and a portable Outdoor Gourmet gasser for tailgating

San Antonio, TX

• johnnypjohnnyp Posts: 2,909
    dayum
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • Gman2Gman2 Posts: 402
    Very nice!!
    LBGE, Mechanicsville, Va., LBGE, Duck, NC, XLBGE Wake, Va.
  • Wolfie51sbWolfie51sb Posts: 259
    Beauty

Rob

Columbus, Ohio

• larrydlarryd Posts: 87
    Great cook, I'll have to find about the potatoes