Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4# of Bone in Rib Eye Goodness

Options
xfire_ATX
xfire_ATX Posts: 1,112
As my Brother works at a quite respectable Steak House he kept saying he was going to bring over a Tomahawk one day.  Well we didn't get that but he got a nice 4# Bone in Rib Roast that we decided it would be great for a Reverse Sear.

The Roast

We cut it in half for 2 seperate Rib Eyes, Seasoned with simple Salt and Pepper and put aside for later.  Next up read on hear to cook the potatoes direct with EVOO and Salt for greater than an hour.  So we got those on.

Here comes the Rib Eyes indirect ~325

When they hit ~90 IT flipped them and the potatos

at ~130 IT pulled them to rest and added two petite filets and Corn on the Cob.

Time to Sear all the Meat, 1st time I had done this and was shocked how easy it was to get >600

And here is the Reverse Sear- thank goodness I had some gloves or I would never had gotten that meat back off.

And it was time for Dinner.  We only put one of those steaks down between 3 of us.  So my Brother and I each got half the other to have for leftovers.

Really enjoyed the process, loved the potatoes glad I searched here for that method before I just wrapped them.
XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 

Comments