Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Scallops wrapped in Prosciutto

ShesGotEggs
ShesGotEggs Posts: 103
Saw this recipe on Guy Fieri show. Easy and good!!

Comments

• TN_Sister_State
    TN_Sister_State Posts: 1,130
    Yes ma'am, nice work! Two of my favorite things in one.
    Franklin, Tn
    LBGE - Cast Iron Grate - Flameboss 300 - BGEtisserie

• SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,282
    Oh...........YES!  :)

South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 Posts: 1,186
    YUM!!!!  :)
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • "Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• ShesGotEggs
    I want to not like him @NPHuskerFL but I can't help it, I like him! He cooked this dish for his Mom on Mothers Day and she was on the show. So sweet. 
  • SSQUAL612
    I think I might have a bottle of wine that would pair nicely with those.
    Tyler, TX   XL BGE 2016, KJ Classic 2019,  MES, 18.5 WSM,  Akorn Jr,  36"&17" Black Stone, Adj Rig, Woo, Grill Grates, SS Smokeware Cap, KAB,  FB 300, Thermapen 
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    How do you manage to wrap the scallops without eating all the prosciutto first? Yum!
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    edited June 2017
    I want to not like him @NPHuskerFL but I can't help it, I like him! He cooked this dish for his Mom on Mothers Day and she was on the show. So sweet. 
    I like the guy. He's not pretending to be Jacques pepin. He's just doing his guy fieri schtick and looks like he's having a good time and he's nice to people on his shows. 

And those look delicious!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    Looks yummy.

I love bacon and I love seafood. Mix the two and it has to be good.

Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That looks fantastic. Great work! (also a shout out for cool forum name)
    Stillwater, MN
  • SaintJohnsEgger
    SaintJohnsEgger Posts: 1,826
    SSQUAL612 said:
    I think I might have a bottle of wine that would pair nicely with those.
    How do you find a particular bottle of wine in that thing? Do you have some kind of cataloging system?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• SSQUAL612
    @SaintJohnsEgger I sort them by the ones I will drink on days that end in "Y". 
    I do groupings by varietal and I'm pretty good about remembering what's what...not as good as I use to be, but I manage.  
  • SSQUAL612 said:
    I do groupings by varietal and I'm pretty good about remembering what's what...not as good as I use to be, but I manage.  

Based solely on the foils, might I suggest the Tor or the Rombauer?

Cheers!

Chris
    St. Louis, MO
    Unit 1: LBGE, cedar table Unit 2:Akorn
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Beautiful cook. Another meal, in which I would make that plate mine.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SSQUAL612
    SSQUAL612 said:

Based solely on the foils, might I suggest the Tor or the Rombauer?

Cheers!

I'm partial to Cabs and Zins...love both, but the 2015 Rombauer Zinfandel is a little too sweet for my palate...the 2013 was a nice vintage which is what I have.  The Tor is To Kalon vineyard and is aging nicely...2006 vintage.   I have a nice selection of Wagner's Caymus and 2 bottles left of the 2007 Special Selection that I'll hold on to for a while longer.  In Vino Veritas!
  • YukonRon
    @SSQUAL612
    Impressive wine collection.
    A couple years ago, My Beautiful Wife and I were in Paris, and happened upon another American, as luck would have it, a wine cave architect. She told us of some of the work she had done, and her clientele was impressive.
    Her only recommendation she offered; "Drink the Wine. Do not store it for years to come."
    She then explained how she designed and managed the building of her latest cave, which stored over 6,000 bottles of wine, and had room for another 2000.
    The guy that had it built, tragically, died in an auto accident, and never got to pull the cork from the first bottle of his new cave.
    She, being in the business, had many other similar stories much like this.
    We had driven up from Burgundy for the week, and we were shipping wine home we had selected from the best of the best. After meeting her in Paris, My Beautiful Wife and I started taking her recommendation. Our collection was at one time fairly significant, couple thousand bottles. Now we are down to a few hundred. Our goal is to keep a good selection, 30-45 days worth, which is around 60-70 bottles. Big change, but also makes great sense as well. 
    I will also tell everyone the same thing "Drink the Wine"  but I also add "My favorite wine is the wine I share with friends."
    I do have an appreciation for your collection, well done. 

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • SSQUAL612
    @yukonron   I agree that wine is much better when shared with friends and try to as often as possible.  I've been in the process of downsizing my collection as well and would like to reduce it to less than 100 bottles this year.  Thank you for your compliments and PM me if you're ever in my neighborhood since over a bottle of wine many a friend is found.   
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @ShesGotEggs
    Looks fantastic sister. And you still have the coolest user name on the forum.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• camofreak
    camofreak Posts: 161
    edited June 2017
    Amazing... I love scallops. Possibly my favorite.
    Green Eggin' in South Carolina
    Go Gamecocks!!!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    The Sea Scallop is fantastic cooking morsal of delight. Very nice job with them.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    YukonRon said:
    After meeting her in Paris, My Beautiful Wife and I started taking her recommendation. Our collection was at one time fairly significant, couple thousand bottles. Now we are down to a few hundred. Our goal is to keep a good selection, 30-45 days worth, which is around 60-70 bottles. Big change, but also makes great sense as well. 
    I have a good friend in Canada who'd recently retired from a fascinating aerospace/power distribution career, and he's come to the same conclusion.  He and his wife are whittling down his lifetime collection, still buying cases when he comes across a great value, but enjoying what he has.
    Most wines nowadays, especially those formulated for the US market, aren't expected to be aged more than 10 years or so anymore, anyway.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Brason
    Brason Posts: 330
    edited June 2017
    SSQUAL612 said:
    @yukonron   I agree that wine is much better when shared with friends and try to as often as possible.  I've been in the process of downsizing my collection as well and would like to reduce it to less than 100 bottles this year.  Thank you for your compliments and PM me if you're ever in my neighborhood since over a bottle of wine many a friend is found.   
    Nice looking collection. I have a fridge half that size. I am also in SoCal. Where are you located? Mine is double stacked on each shelf so may hold around the same amount of bottles. I am also in the process of pairing down the collection.
    Cheers,

Jason

Orange County- CA
  • ShesGotEggs
    Thanks for that story @YukonRon. Great advice and I just read it to my husband and he agrees!!! Like saving the good China for company...life is too short. Break some dishes. 
  • ShesGotEggs
    Thanks @SSQUAL612! I don't remember what white that was I was drinking while cooking but I know with the meal we did a Mathis rosè and it was awesome. One of my favorite wines from a sweet winery. https://www.mathiswine.com/collections/types?q=rose
  • YukonRon
    Thanks for that story @YukonRon. Great advice and I just read it to my husband and he agrees!!! Like saving the good China for company...life is too short. Break some dishes. 
    You are very welcome. I noticed you enjoy Rosé. Grenache is a very nice grape for that wine, excellent choice. We have it with BBQ in the summer, frequently. We also do Beaujolais as well, during the hot months.
    In the late afternoons in Paris, the folks grab either of the two wines, (both are extremely popular there) and head to the banks of the Seine with a baguette, and cheese. They hang out, watch the sun set, and watch the river traffic wind it's way through.
    Not a bad way to end the day. We joined them a few days.
    We found it impressive, their table wines, served at most dining establishments, were equal to,  or better, than much of the domestic wines we typically pay $40.00 or more/bottle here in the States. Great wine is relatively inexpensive there, offering great deals.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,203
    Yum. I'll be making those for dinner on Saturday. They'll be the surf component of surf and turf. Maybe a couple huge prawns or small lobster tails too. It's a special occasion. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • SSQUAL612
    Thanks @SSQUAL612! I don't remember what white that was I was drinking while cooking but I know with the meal we did a Mathis rosè and it was awesome. One of my favorite wines from a sweet winery. https://www.mathiswine.com/collections/types?q=rose
    I'm going to have to try the scallops and I've been wanting to make the Green Lightning Shrimp.   I have some Sparkling Rose and depending on spices for the scallops a lighter bodied Pinot Noir or Sauvignon Blanc might pair well. Looks like I have some experimenting to do...still working on a wine that goes with Captain Crunch.