Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Veg side

Options
Legume
Legume Posts: 14,627
no real plan here, but it turned out well.  Some nice skinny fresh asparagus, assorted tomatoes from the garden, touch of garlic, fresh basil, prosciutto, lemon thyme and zest of one lemon.

spray of evoo and sprinkle of salt on the asparagus and then roast for 15 minutes at 375 in the oven.  Al dente.

blister tomatoes in a screaming hot pan with a little evoo and salt, the add asparagus chopped into thirds and toss for a few minutes until the asparagus softens a little and the tomatoes start to wrinkle.  Toss in some chopped prosciutto that's been crisped already. Toss in a bit of garlic, healthy bit of ground pepper and chopped lemon thyme.  Grate zest of one lemon over the pan, serve with Basil and a little crumbled feta.

failed getting a finished pic.

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    That looks and sounds delicious! The tomatoes especially!! I'm having asparagus this evening too. With salmon.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    I could get into something like that. 
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    Looks great. Only thing missing is some avocado 
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    Double up on the prosciutto and I'll eat the whole pan as my dinner...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,082
    Options
    Quick, simple, tasty. Making this when we get home.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• Theophan
    Theophan Posts: 2,654
    Options
    MAN, those look great!!!  I hardly ever cook veggies on my Eggs, need to fix that!
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    Theophan said:
    MAN, those look great!!!  I hardly ever cook veggies on my Eggs, need to fix that!
    Well, in the interest of being honest - none of this was in the egg.  I had a couple of pork tenderloins on my egg that I just didn't post.