Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best lesson you've learned (so far) using an Egg???

Options
124»

Comments

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,193
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Dome on the ground, not broken, = Brother @JRWhitee. I may never witness such an sphincter tightening moment as that, the rest of my life.
    Bottom Line. Finesse, and very well played. No blood, no foul. Although a collective breath had been held, leading to a group "Whoa" for damned sure.
    One of the crazier things I've seen. I'm standing on the ground next to the trailer and I watch the dome come out of the bands. This thing does a double gainer with a twist. It falls perfectly between the edge of the trailer and a table. A couple inches in any direction and that dome is toast. It lands literally 6" away from my feet unscathed with the exception of the thermo. 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Dome on the ground, not broken, = Brother @JRWhitee. I may never witness such an sphincter tightening moment as that, the rest of my life.
    Bottom Line. Finesse, and very well played. No blood, no foul. Although a collective breath had been held, leading to a group "Whoa" for damned sure.
    One of the crazier things I've seen. I'm standing on the ground next to the trailer and I watch the dome come out of the bands. This thing does a double gainer with a twist. It falls perfectly between the edge of the trailer and a table. A couple inches in any direction and that dome is toast. It lands literally 6" away from my feet unscathed with the exception of the thermo. 
    I didn't even notice the thermo, was it toast?

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • ToTheMax
    ToTheMax Posts: 150
    Options
    Chest hair grows back slower than arm hair.
    Northern Virginia
    LBGE ~'14
  • BGnogin
    BGnogin Posts: 76
    Options
    Patience and trust the process.  
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    YukonRon said:
     I may never witness such an sphincter tightening moment as that, 
    Oh the tales that I could tell my friend :whistle:

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DoubleEgger
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:
    Yeah, the thermo gave all that evening. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:
    It was not lost on me, how everybody went back and checked their bands that night, "just in case." I KNOW I did.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    JRWhitee said:
    YukonRon said:
    It was not lost on me, how everybody went back and checked their bands that night, "just in case." I KNOW I did.
    There was one forum member who will remain nameless that had very suspect mini max bands at the lake.  The band was below the felt line. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I don't even "feel" the reply, much less see it, and be able to read it!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WhiteyQ
    WhiteyQ Posts: 29
    Options

Be meticulous when assembling your egg less you befall the tragic consequences of your dome slipping out of its brackets and shattering on the patio.