Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I Drove 14 Hours/1200 Miles To Eat Pasta

Options
WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,030
Well not completely true. I didnt drive the whole 14 hours but the main reason why I went to Colorado. My friends wanted to go hiking and I had little to no interest in that. I did want to go see a couple egger friends that opened a new restaurant in Colorado Springs. My friends went out hiking Saturday afternoon and when they went hiking I made the 2.5 hour trek down to Colorado Springs. I think my egghead friends were a little surprised to see me come walking in through the doors! I knew I was in a treat for something good. I've never ate anything from them that wasn't magical. Everything is made from scratch daily. Best of the best. My phone was acting up but I did get a couple shots. The rest of the pictures I pulled from online.

I had the white ragu with a bowl of soup. Incredible. They gave me a tour and showed me how they make their pasta. Definitely worth the drive. 

I went out Sunday with my friends hiking out in the Rockies. I'm way too out of shape to be hiking in the mountains. We made it up to 9600 feet before turning around. I was able to get a couple cool pictures.

After hiking we stopped at the Stanley hotel. They had a bbq competition going on which was cool. 

Big Green Egg representing

Finished off the day with a pizza!

Thanks for looking!

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• ewyllins
    ewyllins Posts: 461
    Options
    Thats a road trip!
    O-Town, FL

• rockymountaineggster
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    Parker, Colorado
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    Pretty cool!  What is the name of the restaurant in Colorado Springs?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • slovelad
    slovelad Posts: 1,742
    Options
    Egging inside? What a dream! Lol
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Cool trip! Molly and Enrico, I presume?

Hey, you trip over Jack while you were at the Stanley? =)
    Image result for nicholson frozen

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    What a great adventure. I've gotten to the point where I take every opportunity I can to get together with friends I don't have an opportunity to see much anymore as life's other demands tend to get in the way. Good on you for making it happen.
    Stillwater, MN
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sounds and looks like a drive well worth taking. Pasta and Pizza....doesn't get much better. Great shots on the camera. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Very Nice ! Some of the best Italian food I have ever had is in Mexico and well worth the trip 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    I get out to Colo Spgs at least a couple of times a year. Where is this place?

I like your hiking path too. Where is that/
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

Looks like a great trip - sounds like the kind of trip life gets in the way of too often.   
    Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    ewyllins said:
    Thats a road trip!
    Definitely. Good company with friends so it makes it much easier. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    ewyllins said:
    Thats a road trip!
    Definitely. Good company with friends so it makes it much easier 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Looks awesome!
    Thanks rockymountaineggster!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Pretty cool!  What is the name of the restaurant in Colorado Springs?
    Thanks JohnInCarolina! It's called Carbonella 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    edited May 2017
    Options
    slovelad said:
    Egging inside? What a dream! Lol
    Definitely would have some perks. Especially winters here in Minnesota. I'll take the egg outdoors spring/summer/fall. Best tasting food off the egg is in winter though. ;)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Cool trip! Molly and Enrico, I presume?

Hey, you trip over Jack while you were at the Stanley? =)
    Thanks Carolina Q! You're correct. It was them.

No tripping over Jack but I did hear someone yell out, "Here's Johnny!!!"

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    What a great adventure. I've gotten to the point where I take every opportunity I can to get together with friends I don't have an opportunity to see much anymore as life's other demands tend to get in the way. Good on you for making it happen.
    Thanks StillH20Egger! All my close friends I've been friends with since 8th grade. 4 of 5 of them live within a few miles. The other is within an hour. Pretty much like brothers. The books we could write..... ;)

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Sounds and looks like a drive well worth taking. Pasta and Pizza....doesn't get much better. Great shots on the camera. 
    Thanks northGAcock! The pizza wasn't even the biggest they offered. The other pizza was 12 pounds! I tapped out after one piece. I could have gone two but wouldn't have been very comfortable afterwards

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Very Nice ! Some of the best Italian food I have ever had is in Mexico and well worth the trip 
    Thanks! That's interesting lkapigian. The one owner is from Italy and has brought over generations of family recipes. Everything is from scratch. It's quite the show watching them cook. Tons and tons of knowledge between them two in the kitchen. Fascinating 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    OhioEgger said:
    I get out to Colo Spgs at least a couple of times a year. Where is this place?

I like your hiking path too. Where is that/
    OhioEgger the place is called Carbonella. I'm not familiar where in Colorado Springs as it was my first time there.

The trail we took was the UTE trail on Aspen Mountain 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    blasting said:

Looks like a great trip - sounds like the kind of trip life gets in the way of too often.   
    Thanks Blasting! I couldn't agree more!

Minnesota
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Molly and Enrico are great folks.  When I first started out on the "old" forum I would hunt down their cooks and drool over them. Outstanding stuff.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• WeberWho
    Options
    Thanks for the video. Funny how they can eat all that pasta. Halfway through my portion I could feel that I was getting full. I ended up finishing everything but never felt uncomfortable. Your typical American pasta will make you stuffed and bloated afterwards. I don't get that feeling the few times I've had scratch pasta. 

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    YEMTrey said:
    Molly and Enrico are great folks.  When I first started out on the "old" forum I would hunt down their cooks and drool over them. Outstanding stuff.
    They really are. A few years ago they brought a bunch of cheese to Frozen Fest and went over the difference in them and how they are made. It was fascinating. They also teach classes at their restaurant. I'd imagine it's worth every penny. Such a passion for food

Minnesota
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Great trip it looks like and great food and friends...Trifecta brother. 
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    YEMTrey said:
    They really are. A few years ago they brought a bunch of cheese to Frozen Fest and went over the difference in them and how they are made. It was fascinating. They also teach classes at their restaurant. I'd imagine it's worth every penny. Such a passion for food
    Here's one of my favorite Molly/Enrico posts. Lasagna anyone?

Step-by-step recipe, including the pasta, with pics...

http://www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&func=view&id=1304753&catid=1

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Florida Grillin Girl
    Florida Grillin Girl Posts: 4,973
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I figured it was Molly and Enrico. I tasted their food when they came to the FL minifest. Their lasagna was the best I have ever tasted. Lucky you to get to try their restaurant.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • WeberWho
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Great trip it looks like and great food and friends...Trifecta brother. 
    Thanks bgebrent!

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I figured it was Molly and Enrico. I tasted their food when they came to the FL minifest. Their lasagna was the best I have ever tasted. Lucky you to get to try their restaurant.
    @Florida Grillin Girl Ripnem buddy Brian said it has ruined lasagna for him. He said he hasn't had lasagna in the last 4 years because he knows it going to be a let down 

Minnesota