Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's Up This Weekend?

Options

Sometime I'll hafta cut the grass.  We're going to take my Mom to a restaurant on Sunday.  Saturday is wide open.  I'm kinda hoping for some inspiration for Saturday's cook.
Flint, Michigan

Comments

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options

We're shopping for a car for Wilma too.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Scott805
    Scott805 Posts: 349
    Options
    Heading to a restaurant for Mothers day.  Offered to cook on Sunday, but wife did not want to have to set the table!

Large BGE, 2 Tier Adjustable Swing Rack System, three (3) bricks from Home Depot for raised direct, Blackstone 22" Griddle - Finally have a decent cooking area!

Dallas, TX

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I'm taking the family to a new theme park to spend the day. It has been highly recommended by many folks. 

Should be a blast. Hope to see some of y'all there. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    Options
    good god :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,670
    Options
    LOL

edited May 2017
    Options
    @SGH - seek therapy bro!  Lol
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options

Sometime I'll hafta cut the grass.  We're going to take my Mom to a restaurant on Sunday.  Saturday is wide open.  I'm kinda hoping for some inspiration for Saturday's cook.
    How about beef ribs?

I was going to make some this weekend, but my little one is sick with a stomach bug.  So if you make them I can live vicariously through you, Fred ;)
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What are you implying my friend? You don't enjoy theme parks ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    What are you implying my friend? You don't enjoy theme parks ;)
    I love that they had to block out the faces of the kids at the anus theme park.  
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    I feel bad for those folks going to a restaurant.  Mother's Day is right there with Valentine's as the worst nights to go out.

Tomorrow we're taking my daughter to the county school science fair and then going to the wine store and Costco.  Sunday my daughter will make us breakfast, and I'll cook something that looked good at Costco.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    We're some of those idiots going out to eat. Even better too, going to the red lobster. I'd rather eat Ketchup covered charcoal. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Well we have the local Grillapalooza.  Just came to the realization i should work all weekend.

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    We're some of those idiots going out to eat. Even better too, going to the red lobster. I'd rather eat Ketchup covered charcoal. 
    Lol why Miah?  Who's the Red Lobster fan - your Mother in law?
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Worse. My own mother.  :o
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    For all those who's mothers are still on the planet-be thankful and do the right thing.  You know what that is.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    SGH said:
    I'm taking the family to a new theme park to spend the day. It has been highly recommended by many folks. 

Should be a blast. Hope to see some of y'all there. 
    @SGH I'm hopin everything comes out alright! 
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Central_Bama_Egger
    Options
    I'm firing up a butt and a turkey breast. Won't be eaten fresh. But it'll work. If they don't like it Sunday they can kiss my............
    Huntsville, Al LBGE
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Jeremiah said:
    Worse. My own mother.  :o
    Ruby Tuesday for me.  Why?  That's a very good question!
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

We're shopping for a car for Wilma too.
    What's Wilma eyeing Fred?  Ford GTO?
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just packed up the Chevy for Loud Thunder Campground.  Case of Revolution Sun Crusher, Sam's pack of Jalapeno Kiolbasa on ice, small egg in tow.  Others will toss on some grilled items as usual.  Weather is beautiful.  Fixin' to be a great weekend by the campfire.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,406
    Options
    Last I knew GTO was a GM (Pontiac) deceased model but I have been out of the American car market for a few decades.  (And yes I do own a car...)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    edited May 2017
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Last I knew GTO was a GM (Pontiac) deceased model but I have been out of the American car market for a few decades.  (And yes I do own a car...)
    It was a joke.  Though I am curious as to what Fred and Wilma are looking at for rides.
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    It was a joke.  Though I am curious as to what Fred and Wilma are looking at for rides.
    Just get rid of the "O"  

"O"nly about half a mil.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - John, you know me.  I'm surprised you need to ask.  You know I'm very concerned about humans causing global warming.  I'm up late tonight worrying about it.  I wanted to get an Amish buggy and a good sturdy team of horses.  You know, good stock trained to accept only our commands that will make it more difficult to get buggy-jacked while driving in Flint.  But alas, Wilma reminded me of the tremendous amount of equine flatulence that would increase our carbon footprint too much.  So naturally we're shopping for a Prius. 
    Flint, Michigan
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @JohnInCarolina - John, you know me.  I'm surprised you need to ask.  You know I'm very concerned about humans causing global warming.  I'm up late tonight worrying about it.  I wanted to get an Amish buggy and a good sturdy team of horses.  You know, good stock trained to accept only our commands that will make it more difficult to get buggy-jacked while driving in Flint.  But alas, Wilma reminded me of the tremendous amount of equine flatulence that would increase our carbon footprint too much.  So naturally we're shopping for a Prius. 
    Well good for you and Wilma, Fred.  They're great cars.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Cracker Barrel is gonna be nuts tomorrow!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Crapplebees too!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Focker said:
    thetrim said:
    Crapplebees too!
    That's my Mom's "go-to" place because it's near her home.  She's frail with dementia and going to a familiar place does not spark anxiety like an unfamiliar place does.  I'll let her have a glass of wine and she's happy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Focker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Focker said:
    thetrim said:
    Crapplebees too!
    That's my Mom's "go-to" place because it's near her home.  She's frail with dementia and going to a familiar place does not spark anxiety like an unfamiliar place does.  I'll let her have a glass of wine and she's happy.
    At least you're not going for the food, then we'd have issues. Have you thought about exposing her to a new, soon to be familiar, joint? J/K

Whatever makes her happy bud, enjoy.   :)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Focker
    Options
    Rollin' out.

Brandon
    Quad Cities