Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Al Pastor burger

texaswig
texaswig Posts: 2,682
Tonight I made Al Pastor burgers. Burger topped with Al Pastor, quesadilla cheese, cilantro, onions. Served on a torta with a little mayo and some avocado salsa. Came out better than expected. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
Greenville Tx

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,807
    Pretty sure I'd hit that.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • texaswig
    Thanks man. 

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,373
    This thing looks great
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Strong work wig, looks wonderful.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Nicely done sir!!
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,119
    I really should know better than to look at forum photos while I'm trying to choke down my morning Cheerios...
    Damn that looks good
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    How did you not think that would be spectacular? Looks delicious, and the ingredients are over the top. Beautiful cook.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    YukonRon said:
    How did you not think that would be spectacular? Looks delicious, and the ingredients are over the top. Beautiful cook.
    This. When I read "al Pastor burger" and "exceeded expectations" I can only think that you need to make a bunch of those for a fest in the future so I can have some. 

You can cut them into little pieces and put toothpicks in them for most folks. I'll take mine whole. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,119
    Foghorn said:
    YukonRon said:
    This. When I read "al Pastor burger" and "exceeded expectations" I can only think that you need to make a bunch of those for a fest in the future so I can have some. 

You can cut them into little pieces and put toothpicks in them for most folks. I'll take mine whole. 
    These would be great as little sliders at the Fest...
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • texaswig
    Thanks guys. Exceeded expectations is one of the big things that keep me cooking. Everyone can tell you how good your food is but nothing like surprising yourself. 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,054
    Damn.  
    Not a felon
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,017
    texaswig said:
    Thanks guys. Exceeded expectations is one of the big things that keep me cooking. Everyone can tell you how good your food is but nothing like surprising yourself. 
    Understood. 

However, my expectations where your cooking is concerned are very high. If this exceeds them I'll have a new all time favorite food. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX