Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NCBB2 Roll Call

Options
Alright we know who's coming but nobody else here does. @bgebrent asked for this and I told him I'd come through. Stand up and be counted, my friends!

And yes I know this is yet another Butt Blast thread.  Suck it up, buttercup!
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments

• tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Tarheelmatt will be there.  

Cooking and bringing a LG, Med, Joe Jr, and Blackstone 

Staying on campground at campsite 39.  

John, Gary, and I rolling into DNP!  

snoop dogg snoop dog GIF
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    We'll be there. 4 NGA rednecks. Donut breakfast Sammies and who knows what else. Campground sold out. Got the last available room at the comfort inn. (Seriously). Be dragging in some time Friday evening. 

Have my MM if anybody wants some grill time. 
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    I'll be there with my much better half and her pecan pies.
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • bgebrent
    Options
    Alright we know who's coming but nobody else here does. @bgebrent asked for this and I told him I'd come through. Stand up and be counted, my friends!

And yes I know this is yet another Butt Blast thread.  Suck it up, buttercup!
    Sucker for peer pressure though ;)
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    @tarheelmatt looks like John grew his hair out since last year. 
  • bgebrent
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Jealous or bitter?
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    bgebrent said:
    Jealous or bitter?
    Probably just some of matt's Photoshopping. Filters, coloring, watermark and such...
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    I will be there with my better half as well.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My Beautiful Wife, and I will be there. Arriving sometime Thursday evening. Will be there to assist, with any cooking, set up, serving, whatever. Bringing the MM, bourbon slushies, generator, and whatever else we can bring that will help. IM me with what is needed.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I'm in Minneapolis, will be flying in to Charlotte on Friday.  Praise Jesus!
    Options
    Keep the toe tapping to a minimum up there Nola.
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Me, wife and kiddo will be there. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    My son and I will be there to EAT!!! ...... and to help wherever needed... 
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    So bummed I can't make this. Have a great time all. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    edited April 2017
    Options

4 Day's and counting!

Jim, Kay and EllieJ will be arriving Thursday and staying in camp site 25, bringing Lucky the small egg and the Mini Max. Planning on some Gator Bites fried up in the wok on the small and still not sure what else. See ya soon!

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    My wife and I are leaving early'ish Friday morning. Probably between 5-6 am. Should be there by late afternoon.

Comfort suites in Salisbury had a room so we are staying there. We will probably swing by the campground Friday evening but leave before dark. The stories told here scare me - terrified of the ones I have not yet heard. 

Bringing a MM, but do not know what I will be cooking or when, but I know not a lot of anything because it sounds like there is going to be plenty to go around. As others have said - I too am happy to help wherever needed.

We are leaving Monday morning. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    Sea2Ski said:
    My wife and I are leaving early'ish Friday morning. Probably between 5-6 am. Should be there by late afternoon.

Comfort suites in Salisbury had a room so we are staying there. We will probably swing by the campground Friday evening but leave before dark. The stories told here scare me - terrified of the ones I have not yet heard. 

Bringing a MM, but do not know what I will be cooking or when, but I know not a lot of anything because it sounds like there is going to be plenty to go around. As others have said - I too am happy to help wherever needed.

We are leaving Monday morning. S
    Some of the best food will be cooked after dark! Don't be skeered of the dark!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Jupiter Jim
    Options
    For those of you that don't know what to cook and are bringing a cooking device, just keep it simple your not cooking a meal for every person attending. Think of something that you cook regularly and people have told you wow that's great. the simpler the better. Usually there is lots of meat so if have something different and easy it will be a hit. We plan on baking an apple cake Friday in the small egg at the campsite, won't be enough time Saturday to do the cake then. Hope this helps Jim 

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options

I’ll be arriving hopefully Friday mid-afternoon.  I’m leaving Cincinnati first thing Friday morning and am planning to hit Asheville for lunch and beers.  If I’m not having too good a time in Asheville the plan is to check in to my hotel around 3 and head over to the campground shortly after.

Sounds like there will be enough cooking vessels there so I’ll leave my Mini Max at home.  I’ll bring it if needed.  I’ll have a RTIC full of local beer and possibly some stuff from Asheville if I’m making time.

I’m staying at the Courtyard by Marriott and leaving for Asheville on Sunday morning. 

I’m very much looking forward to a solo road trip with beers/food and good company.

If I miss introducing myself to anyone.  Look for the drunk guy sitting in a camp chair listening to some Dead or CRB!

Safe travels to everyone and special thanks to the organizers of this event. 

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    My lovely wife and I will be arriving Saturday morning and staying at a hotel down the road.  Looking forward to meeting you guys.  
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Sandy, Kathy (KDP), I will be staying at Comfort Suites, rolling in to town Friday early afternoon. I am to meet KDP after lunch and we will be at campground asap.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I ain't coming...ah shucks, I bought a new T-shirt so I might as well come. Wife and I will get into town around 9-10 Friday night. See you fine folk bright and early Sady mornin. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    Options
    Do you have someone to pick you up at CLT? If you need me to come get you call me. I will be happy to pick you up.
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    piney said:
    Do you have someone to pick you up at CLT? If you need me to come get you call me. I will be happy to pick you up.
    I got him Gary, thanks!
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    piney said:
    We will be coming through CLT in the evening hours if helpful.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • piney
    Options
    piney said:
    I got him Gary, thanks!
    Good deal
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,977
    Options
    Y'all don't be shy now, you hear?
  • piney
    Options
    Add my friends Zoe, Mike, Sam and Bobbi to the guest list they are staying @Comfort Suites
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    Options
    YEMTrey said:

I’ll be arriving hopefully Friday mid-afternoon.  I’m leaving Cincinnati first thing Friday morning and am planning to hit Asheville for lunch and beers.  If I’m not having too good a time in Asheville the plan is to check in to my hotel around 3 and head over to the campground shortly after.

Sounds like there will be enough cooking vessels there so I’ll leave my Mini Max at home.  I’ll bring it if needed.  I’ll have a RTIC full of local beer and possibly some stuff from Asheville if I’m making time.

I’m staying at the Courtyard by Marriott and leaving for Asheville on Sunday morning. 

I’m very much looking forward to a solo road trip with beers/food and good company.

If I miss introducing myself to anyone.  Look for the drunk guy sitting in a camp chair listening to some Dead or CRB!

Safe travels to everyone and special thanks to the organizers of this event. 

Let this guy DJ!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • bgebrent
    Options
    My sister and brother in law will join us Saturday.  Please tell them something nice about me.  Please?  This is my bil that thus far has kicked cancers azz.  Happy to have them out to the party.