Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Lowcountry Boil

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
Always a hit.  With some homemade cocktail sauce (ketchup with lots of potent horseradish).  

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I hate you asswhole
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    I hate you asswhole
    Likewise mofo. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Always a crowd pleaser- what did you use in your boil?
    Greensboro, NC
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Always a crowd pleaser- what did you use in your boil?
    Andouille sausage, fresh shrimp, Green Giant frozen nibbler corn (halved again), petite red potatoes, water and Zatarains Crab Boil.  Don't get no simpler. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Looks awesome- buddy of mine keeps telling me to pour a bottle of Zing Zang in the water in addition to the crab boil. Haven't tried yet but sounds like it couldn't hurt. 

Greensboro, NC
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    It almost goes without saying. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    To grow up in the low country. I tip my cap to ya!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    Looks awesome- buddy of mine keeps telling me to pour a bottle of Zing Zang in the water in addition to the crab boil. Haven't tried yet but sounds like it couldn't hurt. 

That sounds like a great idea. Thx for the tip!
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Awesomeness...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Yes. Just so much yes. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• SGH
    Options
    Wolfpack said:
    what did you use in your boil?
    Here is a good, solid, "base" to build off of. 

I use everything in the pic plus more. To the above I add 6 quartered lemons or a bottle of lemon juice. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Looks great!  I've been doing a high protein/low carb boil 2-3 times per week.  I cut down on the corn and potatoes and increase the shrimp, sausage, and I add a good portion of crab legs.  Who knew losing weight could be so awesome?!?
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks phenomenal.
    Stillwater, MN
  • JohnnyTarheel
    JohnnyTarheel Posts: 6,541
    Options
    Very nice!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    There are few disadvantages to living in the mountains.

This is the biggest one.  Fantastic looking meal!  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Did you do it on the egg? 
  • theyolksonyou
    edited March 2017
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    He doesn't own an egg. 

Only a kenmore oven and a Coleman stove that uses those small portable bottles.  
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Photos courtesy of google images. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    He doesn't own an egg. 

LOL... While it is possible to boil water on the egg, I took the lazy way out and used the big kitchen clock thingy and boiled it up on the stovetop... hence the OT category. ;)  @theyolksonyou is always so bitter... must be his medulla oblongota. Lol. 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    g8golfer said:
    He doesn't own an egg. 

LOL... While it is possible to boil water on the egg, I took the lazy way out and used the big kitchen clock thingy and boiled it up on the stovetop... hence the OT category. ;)  @theyolksonyou is always so bitter... must be his medulla oblongota. Lol. 

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    medulla oblongota. 
    Is that Portuguese for Sphincter??

Status- Standing by.

• dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Great looking cook. I'm jealous !!!!  I want some NOW !!!!1

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wolfpack said:
    what did you use in your boil?
    Here is a good, solid, "base" to build off of. 

I use everything in the pic plus more. To the above I add 6 quartered lemons or a bottle of lemon juice. 
    @SGH you are making all kinds of major efforts for what is really quite simple. In my case, a butt load of Old Bay will bring much joy to this cook....and save you some money. Now we know why you don't have Ron's money. =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    g8golfer said:
    He doesn't own an egg. 

The bitterness resurfaces I see.  Like his hands, his medulla oblongata is on the small side.

Nice cook Craig!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    LOL... While it is possible to boil water on the egg
    :o
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • stonewh
    stonewh Posts: 169
    Options
    Low Country's have become one of our favorites to do at the lake, next time add Brussel Sprouts to the menu, you will be surprised how good they are. 
    Birmingham, AL
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    My BIL used to drive up from NOLA with a truck load of fresh shrimp, and crab right off the docks. We would do the boil the very next day. Te event grew to about 75 people for two nights of eating and drinking. I have to do them now.
    Yours looks delicious Dylan. It don't matter how you got there. You made it fab.
    Thank you for sharing.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,732
    Options
    You're killing me!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va