Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Post Count Party

Options
12346»

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,982
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    No it's totally true. I think that's actually what bothers me  the most about it, because it's not something I think about and sort of structure, it's just free flowing, and in a sense, that messes with my head somewhat
    Just how much are you talking to actual human beings in person on a daily basis?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 940
    Options
    Not much. I have puppets mostly. One watches TV with me, the other goes to the bathroom with me and protects me from a murder while I shower, the third puppet sleeps with me, her bum was designed specifically to spoon with the owner, which when I bought her, I thought I could use her to scoop ice cream, but I didn't have any ice cream the first night, and she got all cuddly next to me and I realized her spoon was way too warm to scoop ice cream
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Not much. 
    OK, that computes.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Green ant mailbox
    Options
    Flies bother me.
    Politicians bother me.
    I want to like cats, but my allergies bother me.
    I am indifferent to decorative rocks.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,086
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    No it's totally true. I think that's actually what bothers me  the most about it, because it's not something I think about and sort of structure, it's just free flowing, and in a sense, that messes with my head somewhat
    @Ybabpmuts - Although perhaps not transferable to your situation, there may be comfort in it bothering you.  In the sociopath realm, if you think you are one you're certainly not.  Conversely, if you don't think you are one it's a crap shoot.  I'm betting you're alright, be nice if you could find a way to monetize the gift.

LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I guess I've never considered it a gift. To me, it was always something my brain did, sort of on the side, that I've never really quite understood fully. Don't get me wrong, I think what my noggin comes out with is entertaining (not always)  but I just don't know where it comes from most of the time. 
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    • Thanks John, but  I've always had a love hate relationship with the nonsense that I come out with, mostly because it just comes out, I don't ever think about what I'm going to write, I just start typing and the nonsense just comes out. It's not normal, I think and that has always bothered me.
    Sounds like the very definition of verbal diarrhea, but in written expression. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    There's such a thing as verbal diarrhea?  I don't have enough Listerine for something like that. I'm in the middle of a divorce and I got stuck with the couch that most smells like my soon to be ex wife's bum on one end. Being the seasoned bachelor that I am, I doused it with Listerine, thinking it's better to smell like a clean mouth  than an ass. That night, I somehow missed the ass smell ...
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    There's such a thing as verbal diarrhea?  I don't have enough Listerine for something like that. I'm in the middle of a divorce and I got stuck with the couch that most smells like my soon to be ex wife's bum on one end. Being the seasoned bachelor that I am, I doused it with Listerine, thinking it's better to smell like a clean mouth  than an ass. That night, I somehow missed the ass smell ...
    If by chance some small degree of thinking enters into your brain before you post next time, I think we could all do with hearing a lot less about your bum and/or your ex wife’s bum.  Thanks.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Hope this is simply the free-flow of your open taps, but if this part is non-fiction, wishing you all the best, and take care of yourself. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    I apologize if that post offended. Once in a while it goes sideways. Yes I'm getting divorced after 30 years together. We have two daughters that we put through college and both of them have careers of their own. It's a very amicable divorce. We just grew apart, no cheating, there's no hatred on either side, heck I don't have that in me and neither does she. I'm good and looking forward to the next chapter in my life. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    We still go out to dinner once in a while, we have concert tickets to see Amos Lee and the Boston Pops together, we're good.
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Guess that the good news is that you’ve collectively crossed the biggest hurdle - recognizing it needed to happen and committing to it for the betterment of you both. Having it happen amicably is the absolute ideal, irrespective of how hard it still must be. 

Such radical change will no doubt be hard, but you can and will manage it. 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Heck, thirty years is a long run and we have two really smart and well adjusted daughters that we raised together. Just because we grew apart doesn't negate all the good years and what we accomplished together, what's to fight over. I'm not saying it's perfect, nothing is. We sold the house and have five more days to vacate, and our realtor stated a number of times that she can't believe we're getting divorced, because we were so easy to deal with.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,128
    Options
    TL:DR
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Ybabpmuts
    Options
    Is there a specific length of things you read and can you share it with the entire class, so all of us can write shorter things that you can actuality get through?
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Ybabpmuts said:
    Is there a specific length of things you read and can you share it with the entire class, so all of us can write shorter things that you can actuality get through?
    43 characters, not including spaces or punctuation.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Bump?
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Bump?
    you betcha.  how you doin brother?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    blind99 said:
    Bump?
    you betcha.  how you doin brother?
    Excellent.  How are things in IL?  Y’all seen any snow yet?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,411
    Options
    Congrats to @JohnInCarolina for the 30K threshold.  Quite an achievement given he has a real job. 
    Happy Thanksgiving @JohnInCarolina and all who venture here.  Enjoy the licensed debauchery of Thursday. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @johnincarolina it's good up here!  fun times watching the drama at NU.   haven't seen snow yet but they say in a few days it may happen.  can't complain, we had a gorgeous fall.
    @lousubcap yep we were here to witness the odometer click over 30,000.... does he need an oil change? or just a splash of bourbon?
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    He is now Pastor JIC, because of the 30k blessings he has bestowed upon us.