Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - For the first time ever, I saw this guy in concert today.

thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,373
In many ways, my life is now complete.  

=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    I only wish Waylon was here also. 
    https://youtu.be/F2tXFWds9is

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,946
    20 or so years ago I saw a video of "clean-cut Willie" on TV.  I stared forever, I KNEW the voice but couldn't figure out who it was!  Glad you got to see him, he's getting up there in years too.  
    I still hope to see Steely Dan before they're retired/gone.

I once lived just a stone's throw away from a family who all died of mysterious head injuries. 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,996
    I've seen him twice and it was a good experience both times.  Seeing him in a downpour at Floore's Country Store was the best.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Had to google the date but saw him June 15, 1989 after a Buffalo Bisons AAA Baseball game.  Me and a buddy of mine sat behind home plate and gave the beer vendor a $10 tip right off the bat and told him to come by every inning and at the end of the game we would give him another $10.  He misunderstood us and came by every half inning. After the 7th we told him every full inning. 16 beers and the concert hasn't even started!!  Needless to say my memory of the concert is foggy but I know we had a great time . We were suppossed to work a lawn fete at our old high school after.the game and when we got there they told us we were too drunk and leave the gambling tent. Where did we go?  The beer tent of course!!
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    Watched The Highwaymen the other night, on PBS, early nineties....so awesome.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,613
    I would love to smoke a joint with Willie. Too bad I don't smoke... 
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Willie is awesome live. He will make you a fan. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Willie is great performer and I really enjoy watching him play, but when his honky tonk piano playing sister fingers the ivory,  she steals the show.  Bobbie has cut one record by herself and another with Willie singing the gospel songs of their youth.  
    One has to wonder how much life does Trigger have left.  There is only so much wood left to brace.  

Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 17,073
    Both icon and legend, a good timin' man. Saw him years ago, circa Whiskey River days. I think I remember having a good time......
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • GrillSgt
    GrillSgt Posts: 2,507
    He's in remarkable condition. His voice is still like honey. Glad it was a good show. I watch The Highwaymen 3-4 times a year. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,171
    A treasure for shre. Have seen him several times over the years. Willie is a joy regardless of what type of music you enjoy.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Hntnhrd
    Hntnhrd Posts: 713
    Saw him in Missoula Montana at Big Sky Brewery. Outside venue , in the rain and no one left early. Every one should hear " Blue eyes crying in the rain" live at least once in their life!!
    I heard a band member say if you hear Whiskey River start to play and you aren't on stage then you are late!!! Lol the show waits for no one
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited March 2017
    GrillSgt said:
    He's in remarkable condition. His voice is still like honey. Glad it was a good show. I watch The Highwaymen 3-4 times a year. 
    I watched it a second time tonight. 

Brings a smile when Willie mentions Davenport in Big River.  Travis Tritt is on now, IA public TV rules.
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."