Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Lump Crabmeat Stuffed Mushroom Caps

bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,519
Mushroom caps were brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with lump crabmeat.  S & P and Old Bay seasonings. Topped with butter toasted Panko, parsley and parm.  Egged indirect at 375 for 12 minutes and finished with cocktail sauce.  Thought this experiment would be very tasty, meh.  Mediocre.  Just not a bunch of flavor other than mushroom and cocktail sauce.  Onward.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• Sweet100sSweet100s Posts: 419
    But it looks pretty it has some of my favorite ingredients.  I'm surprised you felt it was  'meh'.  Good to know. Maybe needs something with the higher ratio of crab to everything else.  I've been grilled toast with all of that would be yummy.
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 3,010
    Nice!!
    Visalia, Ca
  • Well they look good. 

I did some a few weeks ago with lump crab and baby portobellos. Soaked them in burgundy for a minute and did a remulaude sauce. I gave up on white mushrooms for texture and flavor. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• theyolksonyoutheyolksonyou Posts: 16,226
    I like the thought. Can see how crab would get lost there. Need something strong like hot sausage or chorizo. Amy makes some good stuff d shrooms in the clock. Need to try egging for some added smokiness 
    Jason NW GA- home of carpet and Mexican restaurants
    LBGE, MM, BS (Blackstone and the other kind)
    One sorry Labrador

My chili did not suck. 
  • dldawes1dldawes1 Posts: 2,140
    One of my favorite foods !!! Nice @bgebrent

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• northGAcocknorthGAcock Posts: 10,072
    bgebrent said:
    Mushroom caps were brushed with garlic butter and stuffed with lump crabmeat.  S & P and Old Bay seasonings. Topped with butter toasted Panko, parsley and parm.  Egged indirect at 375 for 12 minutes and finished with cocktail sauce.  Thought this experiment would be very tasty, meh.  Mediocre.  Just not a bunch of flavor other than mushroom and cocktail sauce.  Onward.

They look outstanding brother. When I make them, I grind the mushroom stems and mix with the crabmeat, and a little ground onion and celery. Love the mushroom. So many possibilities.
    Columbia, South Carolina with a Medium, MiniMax & a 17" Blackstone

Talk-in' 'bout, hey now! Hey now! I-ko, I-ko, un-day
    Jock-a-mo fee-no ai na-né, jock-a-mo fee na-né

• TideEggHeadTideEggHead Posts: 521
    Not a huge fan of mushrooms but I would kill those!
    LBGE
    SC AL
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 8,060
    Nice experiment Brent.  

I would try some crab, spinach, and sundried tomatoes with a parm and panko topping. This works great for salmon and even turkey stuffed shrooms.   

Again thanks for a cooking thread.  

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DoubleEggerDoubleEgger Posts: 12,000

Again thanks for a cooking thread.  
    Amen brother Matt 
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,947
    edited March 2017
    Maybe meh but, looks good. I've had good responses using baby bellas or full size bellas and stuff with my same mixture I use for crab cakes and then finish with a shredded cheese mix of sorts and sauce if desired. Play with the flavors and I'm sure you'll find what works best for yourself.  
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JRWhiteeJRWhitee Posts: 4,499
    Those look great, nice job Nicole! I mean Brent...

Large BGE 2006, Mini Max 2014, 36" Blackstone, Anova Sous Vide
    Green Man Group 
    Johns Creek, Georgia
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,519
    JRWhitee said:
    Those look great, nice job Nicole! I mean Brent...
    Nichole's a better cook.
    Maybe meh but, looks good. I've had good responses using baby bellas or full size bellas and stuff with my same mixture I use for crab cakes and then finish with a shredded cheese mix of sorts and sauce if desired. Play with the flavors and I'm sure you'll find what works best for yourself.  
    It needs work.  Had hoped to highlight the lump crabmeat.  Recovery meal to be posted tomorrow Blake.
  • blind99blind99 Posts: 4,220
    The thought is great. This needs work... 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • bgebrentbgebrent Posts: 16,519
    blind99 said:
    The thought is great. This needs work... 
    It surprisingly was a fail. Thanks for seeing the thought behind it!