Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Let's go racing, boys!

Options
So the Daytona 500 runs today.  Who ya got?  Personally, I'd like to see Junior take the checkered flag on his way to finally winning a championship.  Anyone doing any cooks for today's race?

Comments

• chuckytheegghead
    Options
    Boogity boogity
  • jabam
    jabam Posts: 1,829
    Options
    Chas Elliot! Or Suarez, I'm going with the young guns!
    Central Valley CA     One large egg One chocolate lab "Halle" two chiuahuas "Skittles and PeeWee"
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    88 FTW.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • outrageous
    Options
    #88 or #24.  

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    My pick:

Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Boogity indeed. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    If you're not first you're LAST!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I loathe NASCAR.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FarmerTom
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    Be careful Ron, thems fightin words for some of these ol'boys.  Personally, I'll still eat your Q or drink one of those slushies if I ever get the chance.  I'm only a part time NASCAR viewer. Got really pi$$ed off at the way our track in Sparta treated folks a few years ago and have kinda lost interest.  

Tommy 

Middle of Nowhere, Northern Kentucky
       1 M, 1 XL, a BlackStone,1 old Webber, a Border Collie, a German Shepherd and 3 of her pups, and 2 Yorkies

• Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    How come?
  • Tbla
    Tbla Posts: 57
    Options
    Started smokin a couple butts at 6:30 AM.  It was a balmy 23F here in MN.   A little late for race-time food.   But nothing like tending to a long smoke and watching some racin. Go 18!!   
    Woodbury, MN.   LBGE, Weber gasser, ECB
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Well that sucks.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    That's why god invented golf!
    Stillwater, MN
  • Jcl5150
    Options
    At least Junior didn't sustain another concussion.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Jcl5150 said:
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    How come?
    Turn Left racing is boring. Only reason to watch is for rainbow-colored crashes as far as I'm concerned.
  • YukonRon
    Options
    Jcl5150 said:
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    How come?
    @Jcl5150
    I had to do testing using my company's relationship with several car owners several years ago. Races 1 through 3 were extremely interesting and exciting. The following races for the rest of that season, I could not wait for our testing cars to be out of the race. Monotony is one thing, multiply that by redundancy, every weekend, for basically a year, and you get my view. I was drinking water from a fire hose, never had an interest since. Just my experience. Never got back into it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    That's why god invented golf!
    @StillH2OEgger

And many, many other activities as well.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Options
    FarmerTom said:
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    Be careful Ron, thems fightin words for some of these ol'boys.  Personally, I'll still eat your Q or drink one of those slushies if I ever get the chance.  I'm only a part time NASCAR viewer. Got really pi$$ed off at the way our track in Sparta treated folks a few years ago and have kinda lost interest.  
    @FarmerTom

I totally understand your point. NASCAR has been dropping in popularity for the last few years. I believe it to have been a tremendous spectator sport, but with mismanagement and greed, many have moved on. 
    Too many other things to do and see these days, than being glued to the video screen watching cars go fast.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Congrats to Kurt Bush first 500 win for him.... I'm 100% JR and was pulling for Chase but he was out of gas.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    @WeberWho that is quite the layout. 

I followed NASCAR in college. My roommate's uncle worked as a VP for Lowes so he worked in the summer for Jimmy and Jeff as a little b!tch boy. 

But during the year we got NC, Talladega, and Bristol tix. (Went to UT). 

I thought i loved NASCAR. Turns out I just like drinking with rednecks in a big open field. 

Who knew?

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @WeberWho that is quite the layout. 

I followed NASCAR in college. My roommate's uncle worked as a VP for Lowes so he worked in the summer for Jimmy and Jeff as a little b!tch boy. 

But during the year we got NC, Talladega, and Bristol tix. (Went to UT). 

I thought i loved NASCAR. Turns out I just like drinking with rednecks in a big open field. 

Who knew?
    I can't take any credit for the setup. It was my buddies place. I was only offered to go over and drink his beer.  =) I can relate. I've been to Indianapolis and Kansas for races. I watch the Daytona 500 every year. I catch other races here and there. Not a diehard by any means but always fun to catch a race or two with friends....and drink their beer!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,086
    Options
    Used to love Winston Cup, then watched Sprint Cup for a few years.  Now, I am barely aware there is some racing going on.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I'll throw this out there to any one in the southeast. If y'all want to see real racing, we try to attend 5-10 dirt track/ drag/ road races a year. We camp at the tracks for weekend. Usually bring an egg too. Y'all are welcome to join us. #nascariscrap. 
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options
    As the world turns! I'm in no way a die-hard but do enjoy it. All things in life change over time.

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I'll throw this out there to any one in the southeast. If y'all want to see real racing, we try to attend 5-10 dirt track/ drag/ road races a year. We camp at the tracks for weekend. Usually bring an egg too. Y'all are welcome to join us. #nascariscrap. 
    This. When I lived in western NC, there was a dirt track right around the corner from my house. Between this, WRC, WEC, F1, and LMP2/DPi, NASCAR is worse than watching paint dry. Only thing that would make it better is returning to its roots of running moonshine and being chased by cops.
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    Spent my teen yrs working on a local race team. Spent the other two nights traveling to other dirt tracks. Didn't do much for my dating life, but had a helluva time 
  • Jcl5150
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Jcl5150 said:
    YukonRon said:
    I loathe NASCAR.
    How come?
    @Jcl5150
    I had to do testing using my company's relationship with several car owners several years ago. Races 1 through 3 were extremely interesting and exciting. The following races for the rest of that season, I could not wait for our testing cars to be out of the race. Monotony is one thing, multiply that by redundancy, every weekend, for basically a year, and you get my view. I was drinking water from a fire hose, never had an interest since. Just my experience. Never got back into it.
    I can see how watching week after week nonstop like that would get old.  I watch races here and there, but not a die hard anymore.  I still like to watch Daytona, though.  
  • Jupiter Jim
    Options

Things in life will change and nothing stays the same, the world changes and things of days past won't last for ever. Do you still have the first cell phone you ever had? The first car and so on? Hell some of us have sold a Big Green Egg that we just couldn't live without. :)

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Cashfan
    Cashfan Posts: 416
    Options
    I used to be a hard core fan. Huge Tony Stewart fan, back when he had a temper and made things interesting. I didnt know he retired until today, when I looked up how he did today...

After going to Charlotte twice, Darlington, and Talladega, it was pretty boring to watch on tv. Too many 1 1/2 cookie cutter tracks. I miss those small tracks they shut down like Rockingham, they have too much character to not be racing there still. 

NASCAR is all about the money now. The race distracts from the advertising now, and that isn't right. Its all about large tracks and attendance, not quality of racing. The drivers get punished when they show some emotion good or bad. It just isn't that fun to watch anymore.