Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stoker for sale

Options
Up for sale is my Lightly used stoker temp controller.I have had this unit for 2-3 yrs and have used it maybe a dozen times.
Comes complete with fan and adapter and one temp probe. 
Asking $175 You can reach me at 678-862-2218 

Comments

• jrich
    jrich Posts: 17
    Options
    Do you still have this? I know it's an old thread, but I'm interested. thanks
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    jrich- just curious why you are so hot after a stoker. The newer models like flame boss (soon to be 500) have all the new tech and updated firmware. I think you are chasing a dinosaur here when there is more modern tech available. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I remember lots of guys were having customer service issues with Rock's like 2-3 years ago. They weren't even answering the phones for a while. the new stuff may be a few dollars more but with tech I think you will get what you pay for. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,026
    Options
    jrich- just curious why you are so hot after a stoker. The newer models like flame boss (soon to be 500) have all the new tech and updated firmware. I think you are chasing a dinosaur here when there is more modern tech available. 

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I remember lots of guys were having customer service issues with Rock's like 2-3 years ago. They weren't even answering the phones for a while. the new stuff may be a few dollars more but with tech I think you will get what you pay for. 
    The Stoker is nice for running multiple pits at the same time or having the option of 4 meat probes. Essentially 6 meat probes if you were to use it on a stick burner and not use the temp gauge and fan. It's nice having different setup options with the Stoker depending on the grill/smoker you are using. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    WeberWho said:

The Stoker is nice for running multiple pits at the same time or having the option of 4 meat probes. Essentially 6 meat probes if you were to use it on a stick burner and not use the temp gauge and fan. It's nice having different setup options with the Stoker depending on the grill/smoker you are using. 
    I wanted one for those exact reasons when I had multiple eggs but they were kind of going through some growing pains or something back then. I hadn't heard a thing about them since until now. I honestly thought they went out of business until I saw this. I guess the newer stuff is getting more attention

Have nothing against the Stoker- was just surprised to see it pop up again after such a long silence. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Toxarch
    Toxarch Posts: 1,900
    Options
    WeberWho said:

All the plugs on the Stoker are on a bus connection. You aren't limited to just 6 probes. You can just get 1/4" stereo jack splitters and run 20 or more probes if you want to. The only thing they don't recommend running off splitters are the fans, but you can do it. 
    Aledo, Texas
    Large BGE
    KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
    Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    Options
    I have Stoker II I had to pay an IT guy to come by to set it up so I could use it remotely , that worked for a while now I just use it Manually which is not why I bought it  . I have had zero luck with their service in terms of getting it connected I'm going to Flame Boss and when I do I'll likely give my Stoker away
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    Options
    I have all 3 Stokers. The original, first WiFi and the Stoker II. I gave my neighbor the first WiFi and he loves it.
     The Stoker II is my go to. Connection to Wifi was simple for me once I read up on how it works. Most don't understand that the Stoker II has two IP addresses. One is a for WiFi and the other is for direct connection to your Ethernet network by a path cord. Each of these have a setup process. The Stoker II uses a boot process that if it does not see an Ethernet connection by patch cord it then looks to connect to Wifi. 
    I mostly use the "StokerLog" software by Amir on my PC. I like the Auto Lid detection and ramped cook options Amir has said he will create an "App in the future. Or just the IP on my IPhone. The PitPal app works well also and has "Cloud" capability. 

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,761
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Hotch said:
    I have all 3 Stokers. The original, first WiFi and the Stoker II. I gave my neighbor the first WiFi and he loves it.
     The Stoker II is my go to. Connection to Wifi was simple for me once I read up on how it works. Most don't understand that the Stoker II has two IP addresses. One is a for WiFi and the other is for direct connection to your Ethernet network by a path cord. Each of these have a setup process. The Stoker II uses a boot process that if it does not see an Ethernet connection by patch cord it then looks to connect to Wifi. 
    I mostly use the "StokerLog" software by Amir on my PC. I like the Auto Lid detection and ramped cook options Amir has said he will create an "App in the future. Or just the IP on my IPhone. The PitPal app works well also and has "Cloud" capability. 

^^^^^This^^^^ you are correct, I am Very IT Challenged . It is a great controller but I am more of a Plug and Play Guy, 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    Stoker used to lead in connectivity, but has lagged, even gone dormant in the last few years.  There are other options that work well.  Even my $240 auber has fantastic cloud connectivity and keeps my egg rock steady at the temp I want, and lets me adjust and monitor from anywhere using an app on my phone.  No firewall gimmicks or anything.