Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OH NO!!!! Bacon price increase?

Options
apparently, there is going to be a problen with pork prices as frozen pork belly supply is down to 17.5M lbs (from a high of 65M). In the last few years, America has apparently gone hog wild eating bacon.

http://time.com/money/4656571/bacon-prices-rise-pork-supply/

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    yep.  This is the second thread about this today.  Supply and demand.
    My boss brought me a can of this yesterday. Guess I'll hold on till supply and demand hit all times hey. 

XLBGE 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,826
    Options
    old thread, but...........how does a pound of bacon cost more than a 10 pound ham
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    edited April 2022
    Options
    old thread, but...........how does a pound of bacon cost more than a 10 pound ham
    It’s called legal robbery. Now I know what they meant when they said “Riden with Biden”. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,048
    Options
    oh boy
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Options
    For the record, anus is also at an all time high. Go figure 🤷🏼‍♂️

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    I have been scared to even price rectum right now. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,325
    Options
    It doesn’t help that fast food joints try to put it on every burger or sandwich that they sell.
  • SGH
    Options
    I have always been one to give credit where it’s due. Diesel fell from 5.02 to 4.98. So maybe that’s a good sign 🤪

Status- Standing by.

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @SGH it’ll be back to 5.25 before you know it.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    Diesel is $6.99 around here....
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • rekameohs
    rekameohs Posts: 263
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have been scared to even price rectum right now. 
    Local store carries pig uteri.  I haven't been following to see if it has gone up.
    Raleigh, NC
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,678
    Options
    @Yno I disliked your post because that sucks

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .