Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ISO Table for Large BGE

Options
I've officially called TOD on my current table/cabinet, and am looking for a good replacement home for my LBGE.  I am in the Austin, TX area.  Any offers/pointers appreciated.
Thanks!
TexanEgger
Some Grills Are More Equal Than Others!

Comments

• eggingout1983
    Options
    Have a look at theses but better hide your wallet 

http://challengerdesignsllc.com/products/grill

And 

https://sloanoutdoors.com/outdoor-ceramic-grill-carts/

just picked up up a challenger torch double 76.  Can't wait for it to be delivered 
    Toronto,  Ontario,  Large, Large, Mini Max
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Options

And 

just picked up up a challenger torch double 76.  Can't wait for it to be delivered 
    Those Sloan prices are crazy. What did the Challenger torch double set you back with taxes?
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

And 

Those Sloan prices are crazy. What did the Challenger torch double set you back with taxes

All in it was about $3500 USD and an additional $350 USD to ship to Canada. But I have to say that our options are very limited up here and to do a full custom setup like the challenger was going to be about $5500 USD.

• Tspud1
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

And 

Those Sloan prices are crazy. What did the Challenger torch double set you back with taxes

All in it was about $3500 USD and an additional $350 USD to ship to Canada. But I have to say that our options are very limited up here and to do a full custom setup like the challenger was going to be about $5500 USD.

Should have called me, we ship to Canada
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Depending on what level you are looking for, may want to check out Brian Alan Tables. Brian made my table (see link to my table in my signature).  Pricey but very nice.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    Tspud1 said:

And 

Should have called me, we ship to Canada
    I wish I would have known that's a great looking setup!! 
  • Tspud1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @eggingout1983 Let me know what you think about the storage under the eggs after you have had it a while. After first year, we decided to do drawers there so you don't have to get down on knees to get items out of that area.
  • Tspud1
    Options
    beerguy said:
    Do they even make a double table?
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    @eggingout1983 Let me know what you think about the storage under the eggs after you have had it a while. After first year, we decided to do drawers there so you don't have to get down on knees to get items out of that area.

Where can we see the table/grill carts you build? I have a few friends looking..

• Tspud1
    edited January 2017
    Options
    @eggingout1983 I sent you a message with a link. The forum is kind of funny about some things
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 901
    Options
    I'll throw in a vote for Challenger. My LBGE sits in a Torch 48" with flip-up extension that I paid $1,600 for almost three years ago. It's still as good as new and I absolutely love it. Well worth the money for me.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • TexanEgger
    Options
    Nice options.  Gotta check the budget, though!  There are a couple BGE dealers here in Austin that I'll look at too.  tspud1, pls send me a PM with a link to what you know about.  Thanks, all.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Go over to BBQ Outfitters and see what they may have on sale.  I purchase my SS table for a very reduced price because the table had been used as display/demo at the Texas Eggfest.  That was several years ago but it would be worth a try.  They also have a store in SA.  Call Niki at SA store and see what they may have.  
    My one recommendation is try to avoid the polished SS top......it is a glare killer at high noon.  I had no choice so I had a cutting board made to cover when in use.  After Weber Who's post using Corian I will be looking for a piece on Craigs to cover the prep side.  That will eliminate dragging the cutting board out. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Coul
    Coul Posts: 111
    Options
    My local Ace here in New Orleans sells the challenger tables. Theyre beautiful. and of high quality. Thats what I will more than likely be getting when its time for me to upgrade
    LBGE circa 2016
  • Tspud1
    Options
    @TexanEgger   Sent you a message
  • Tspud1
    Options
    Go over to BBQ Outfitters and see what they may have on sale.  I purchase my SS table for a very reduced price because the table had been used as display/demo at the Texas Eggfest.  That was several years ago but it would be worth a try.  They also have a store in SA.  Call Niki at SA store and see what they may have.  
    My one recommendation is try to avoid the polished SS top......it is a glare killer at high noon.  I had no choice so I had a cutting board made to cover when in use.  After Weber Who's post using Corian I will be looking for a piece on Craigs to cover the prep side.  That will eliminate dragging the cutting board out. 

The umbrella stops that
  • TexanEgger
    Options
    Yeah, my deck faces due west and in the TX summer gets REAL hot.  SS would absorb and radiate a lot of that heat so I'm not sure about that.  My home backs up to a greenbelt with a whistling wind that can come through, so the umbrella could or could not work...
  • HofstraJet
    HofstraJet Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Tspud1 said:
    I like the drawers on my table. Cabinets are generally inconvenient for storing a bunch of small items.   The drawers on my table have an insert that removes for easy washing. Works very nicely.
    Two Large Eggs, 6 gal Cajun Fryer, and a MiniMax in Charlotte, NC - My New Table
    Twitter: @ Bags
    Blog: TheJetsFan.com
  • BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options

Love my Challenger tables.  
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Yeah, my deck faces due west and in the TX summer gets REAL hot.  SS would absorb and radiate a lot of that heat so I'm not sure about that.  My home backs up to a greenbelt with a whistling wind that can come through, so the umbrella could or could not work...
    I know what you mean about the wind. We are at top of a hill backing up to the recharge zone and the winds can get scary, the other night winds literally shook the house, so umbrella wont work for us either.  
    IMO SS table is the only way to go.  Bite the bullet.  SS will stand up to the Texas weather and give you a life time of service. 
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Tspud1
    Options
    @BBQBuddy  what do they call the small table on the right? Never seen that one before.
  • eggingout1983
    Options
    Tspud1 said:

And 

Well it finally got delivered today and i couldn't possible love it any more... 

the new egg is be delivered tonight so more photo's to come. 

• dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
    Options
    Love my Challenger Carts.  If I need to spread out my cooking, I just move the MM over onto the Bar Cart.

Had a cracked egg base sitting around for a couple years.  Finally came up with something to use it for.  Have to clean up the bottles then figure out how to light them next.

Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• Markzzz
    Markzzz Posts: 35
    Options
    @BBQBuddy are the doors on your challenger table on the right cappuccino?  I'm about to order a table and I that's what I'm leaning towards.  Thanks!!
  • HoustonEgger
    Options
    JJGeorge makes some great little tables if you are looking for a more effective cost item and don't want to build one yourself
    Formerly of Houston, TX - Now Located in Bastrop, TX
    I work in the 'que business now (since 2017)

6 Eggs: (1) XL, (2) Large, (1) Small, (1) Minimax & (1) Mini - Egging since 2007
    Also recently gained: (1) Gas Thing (came with the house), (1) 36" Blackstone Griddle & (1) Pitts & Spitts Pellet Smoker
  • Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    dcc said:
    Love my Challenger Carts.  If I need to spread out my cooking, I just move the MM over onto the Bar Cart.

Haven't seen the elevated, u-shaped top on the cart on the left.  Details please.

I also "like" my challenger cart.  It looks good. The doors seal excellent against bugs and rain.  It moves easily on my patio. 

There are two things I don't like.  The extension tables are screwed into soft aluminum ... not that strong of a connection.  Of the two tables I've been around, both have loosened up. When my screws strip, then I'll add some stainless steel backing plates.  And, the powder coat finish must be the softest in the industry.  Seems dumb to have an expensive staging area on which you can't set a hot plate setter. 

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• BBQBuddy
    BBQBuddy Posts: 275
    Options
    Markzzz said:
    @BBQBuddy are the doors on your challenger table on the right cappuccino?  I'm about to order a table and I that's what I'm leaning towards.  Thanks!!
    Yes.
    2 Large BGE, MiniMax, Miami, FL

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    dcc said:

Haven't seen the elevated, u-shaped top on the cart on the left.  Details please.

I also "like" my challenger cart.  It looks good. The doors seal excellent against bugs and rain.  It moves easily on my patio. 

There are two things I don't like.  The extension tables are screwed into soft aluminum ... not that strong of a connection.  Of the two tables I've been around, both have loosened up. When my screws strip, then I'll add some stainless steel backing plates.  And, the powder coat finish must be the softest in the industry.  Seems dumb to have an expensive staging area on which you can't set a hot plate setter. 
    They do offer SS tops now. I know that doesn't do you much good now, but others moving forward it's an option. They have quit offering the fold down shelves and have gone to a static extension shelf. I like the fold down because it reduces the stored footprint and allowed for the utilization of the stock table covers.