Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Real Sports w/Brian Gumbel - maybe the best sports segment I've ever seen. Must watch.

Options

Comments

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Every major world superpower has fallen through history.  The Romans, Greeks, etc.  Now that we have a belligerent idiot that's surrounded himself with yes men, could happen.  Plus people like you to support the demagogues.  History man.  Learnin is good.
    You have just witnessed 8 years of pathetic leadership. Our foreign policy has been set back decades. We have ignored the threats and sat on our hands as Russia has gone from a who dat to the player internationally. We have proven to have little or no spine and disinterested. Leading from behind is likely the single dumbest thing ever. It's an oxymoron. I do not understand what you see, but bless your heart.

Now aren't you late for the Chelsea Manning welcome home party. 

A traitor! Really man, a traitor! 

Yeah, I'm worried. Worried that the harm done by this brilliant Harvard law guy is even worse than reported. 

Trump wouldnt have have been my choice, but I'm not scared because he's different. 95% of the stuff you guys spew is just noise. The rest, we'll see. He's better than the other choice we had. That's hard to swallow, I know. Believe me. 

100% of what you just said is 200% fking ignorant ****.
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Good to see you touting the Heritage folks - the rightwing think tank that originally came up with the basic premise of the ACA. The same basic model that became RomneyCare in Massachusetts which begat the ACA/Obamacare.
    So you agree with these conclusions. Great to hear.

I don't think health insurance for everyone is a bad idea, but the ACA is horrible and predictably so. Literally every single bad thing that the right warn would happen has in fact happened. Btw we always have had health care for everyone. Insurance is not health care. Anyone should easily understand the difference. It's not unintentional that the MSM always says health care. It's because that is what the left cued them to refer to it as. Just like "climate change" of course there is climate change! Of course we want people to have health care!   It's just dumb. 
    Not at all the conclusion I would draw. Heritage is not wrong about everything, just most things. :)

"Btw we always have had health care for everyone."

That is so historically inaccurate I don't know what to say.
    Maybe not a long time ago. You win that minuscule point which doesn't change the larger point. 
    I guess because I'm an old guy I don't really think of the 20th Century as "a long time ago".
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:
    Good to see you touting the Heritage folks - the rightwing think tank that originally came up with the basic premise of the ACA. The same basic model that became RomneyCare in Massachusetts which begat the ACA/Obamacare.
    So you agree with these conclusions. Great to hear.

I don't think health insurance for everyone is a bad idea, but the ACA is horrible and predictably so. Literally every single bad thing that the right warn would happen has in fact happened. Btw we always have had health care for everyone. Insurance is not health care. Anyone should easily understand the difference. It's not unintentional that the MSM always says health care. It's because that is what the left cued them to refer to it as. Just like "climate change" of course there is climate change! Of course we want people to have health care!   It's just dumb. 
    Not at all the conclusion I would draw. Heritage is not wrong about everything, just most things. :)

"Btw we always have had health care for everyone."

That is so historically inaccurate I don't know what to say.
    Maybe not a long time ago. You win that minuscule point which doesn't change the larger point. 
    I guess because I'm an old guy I don't really think of the 20th Century as "a long time ago".
    Ok. It has been irrelevant for how long now? Get with it. Whatever, it's. OT a relevant issue and hasn't been for a good while now. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options
    Every major world superpower has fallen through history.  The Romans, Greeks, etc.  Now that we have a belligerent idiot that's surrounded himself with yes men, could happen.  Plus people like you to support the demagogues.  History man.  Learnin is good.
    You have just witnessed 8 years of pathetic leadership. Our foreign policy has been set back decades. We have ignored the threats and sat on our hands as Russia has gone from a who dat to the player internationally. We have proven to have little or no spine and disinterested. Leading from behind is likely the single dumbest thing ever. It's an oxymoron. I do not understand what you see, but bless your heart.

Yeah, I'm worried. Worried that the harm done by this brilliant Harvard law guy is even worse than reported. 

Trump wouldnt have have been my choice, but I'm not scared because he's different. 95% of the stuff you guys spew is just noise. The rest, we'll see. He's better than the other choice we had. That's hard to swallow, I know. Believe me. 

You know...I think you are wrong in just about every declarative statement in that post.

No...wait...I was wrong - you are wrong in EVERY declarative sentence in that post.

“Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    e'll see. He's better than the other choice we had. That's hard to swallow, I know. Believe me. 

You know...I think you are wrong in just about every declarative statement in that post.

No...wait...I was wrong - you are wrong in EVERY declarative sentence in that post.

Apparently the right wing propaganda machine can get fools to believe anything.  And it's so obvious how they did it. 

Discredit media.
    Discredit science.
    Discredit academia.
    Spread fear.
    Spread false news.
    Demagoguery.

If I were only a grifter I'd be in hog heaven.

Options

100% of what you just said is 200% fking ignorant ****.
    What am I ignorant about? Russia's rise to power? Chelsea? Leading from behind? Maybe the redline? Maybe the president ignoring an uprising in Iran and letting an opportunity pass? Maybe it was his JV comments? Maybe it was all the workplace violence taking place at work and other places by folks invoking their god? Maybe it was a welcoming heros party for a deserter? Maybe it was the Cambridge police acting stupidly? Wait a minute, I didn't even mention most of those. Not really sure what I'm ignorant of in this case? Hmm. Somehow these things were Bushs fault. They will soon be Trumps fault. He's a real standup leader. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

Oh I'm wrong huh? Go ahead and correct the factual record then. 

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Seek help!
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    e'll see. He's better than the other choice we had. That's hard to swallow, I know. Believe me. 

Apparently the right wing propaganda machine can get fools to believe anything.  And it's so obvious how they did it. 

Discredit media.
    Discredit science.
    Discredit academia.
    Spread fear.
    Spread false news.
    Demagoguery.

If I were only a grifter I'd be in hog heaven.

You can set the record straight too. What is wrong here? Russia? Chelsea? 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Seek help!
    That's exactly what I expected from the lot of you. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Guess we should have bombed russia and attacked Iran.  Right? 

Clinton left us with a surplus and low unemployment and no wars.  Bush got us into two perpetual wars and the economy fell to crap, stock market crashed, high unemployment.  Obama didn't start any new wars and and the economy is back where it should be.   Foreign respect for the US was restored from the clown show of Bush's war mongering administration.  Russia hates obama and the clintons because they tried to reign in Russia's aggression through sanctions, etc.  Should we start a war with russia - a war between the two nuke giants?  Probably not a smart move.  Guess you don't have to worry about that with trump - wants to stop sanctions and make some ruskie love to Putin.   I don't get you man.

Manning?  Obama was hard on whistleblowers - he explained manning today.  Also hard on immigrants.  All these facts probably doesn't exist in your Beitbart informed universe. 
    Options
    Since you've done this (in lieu of research):

Discredit media.
    Discredit science.
    Discredit academia.
    Think about things, something will be evident.

You're really not going to buy any reality that isn't giftwrapped in extremist right-wing paper.  So what's the point with talking to you?  There isn't one.

SMH

Options
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

That's hilarious. You'll have to help me out here. I didn't catch a single fact in your post. Just a pile of the usual right wing anti-Obama rhetoric.

• sctdg
    sctdg Posts: 301
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What's wrong Nolaegghead ?  . The truth hurts? I live in reality . I lived it .Any time a point of view other than the left is putting out there it is a diatribe of hate . I know calling people murderers that liberal America just screwed over is nothing but LOVE. The people that died happened because of someone else .It is never the left they will always blame it on someone else . It was the crap going on int this country for the last how many years that created Donald Trump .
    Another Diatribe Of Hate as you would call it .
  • pgprescott
    Options
    Guess we should have bombed russia and attacked Iran.  Right? 

Clinton left us with a surplus and low unemployment and no wars.  Bush got us into two perpetual wars and the economy fell to crap, stock market crashed, high unemployment.  Obama didn't start any new wars and and the economy is back where it should be.   Foreign respect for the US was restored from the clown show of Bush's war mongering administration.  Russia hates obama and the clintons because they tried to reign in Russia's aggression through sanctions, etc.  Should we start a war with russia - a war between the two nuke giants?  Probably not a smart move.  Guess you don't have to worry about that with trump - wants to stop sanctions and make some ruskie love to Putin.   I don't get you man.

Manning?  Obama was hard on whistleblowers - he explained manning today.  Also hard on immigrants.  All these facts probably doesn't exist in your Beitbart informed universe. 
    So, like I said, everything that this guy f'd is bush. 

Fyi. It's a real bad argument to just say " guess we should have...." 

not everything is either a nuclear war or go sit with your tail between your legs in the corner, dude. 

real weak sir 

manning is a traitor. They pled the case down from death penalty. I'm quite sure they wouldn't have done that had they thought that she would be let out. 
  • pgprescott
    Options

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

That's hilarious. You'll have to help me out here. I didn't catch a single fact in your post. Just a pile of the usual right wing anti-Obama rhetoric.
    Why don't you highlight were that " factual record" was lifted from. 

Its was a pathetic failure on display right in front of you for years. 

• pgprescott
    Options

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

Btw, you geniuses said I was wrong about my assertions and I asked you to correct my ignorance. As usual, you didn't, I believe, because you cannot. True story. 
  • pgprescott
    Options
    I have never read Brietbart, to my knowledge and memory. 

Saw at the guy on tv a few times when he was alive. Pretty impressive mind though. He would have slaughtered you jokers. Easily. 
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,360
    Options

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

Btw, you geniuses said I was wrong about my assertions and I asked you to correct my ignorance. As usual, you didn't, I believe, because you cannot. True story. 
    I'm kinda busy today so I probably won't have too much time to play today but I will leave it at this for now.

You say things like:

"You have just witnessed 8 years of pathetic leadership."
    "Our foreign policy has been set back decades."
    "...Russia has gone from a who dat to the player internationally."

Those are what we commonly refer to as opinions. If you really believe those to be statements of fact I have to ask you by what metric you believe those to be factual statements. What is the supporting evidence?

How, specifically, has our foreign policy been set back "decades"? What was our foreign policy decades ago anyway?

Russia is not the same thing as the USSR. Too many people forget that. Certainly Putin has been endeavouring to try and make Russia more relevant as a geopolitical force since the end of the First Cold War. Of course now that Putin's Puppet is becoming our president tomorrow things likely will change for Russia...much to their delight. :)

• pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

I'm kinda busy today so I probably won't have too much time to play today but I will leave it at this for now.

You say things like:

Those are what we commonly refer to as opinions. If you really believe those to be statements of fact I have to ask you by what metric you believe those to be factual statements. What is the supporting evidence?

How, specifically, has our foreign policy been set back "decades"? What was our foreign policy decades ago anyway?

Russia is not the same thing as the USSR. Too many people forget that. Certainly Putin has been endeavouring to try and make Russia more relevant as a geopolitical force since the end of the First Cold War. Of course now that Putin's Puppet is becoming our president tomorrow things likely will change for Russia...much to their delight. :)
    You deny reality. We are living it. To pretend it isn't so because I didn't reference an article from fact check or NYT makes you foolish at best. These things are precisely my opinions. It would take a book to list all the weak kneed miscues by this administration. There is simply no area of foreign policy where we are on better footing now than we were before. You could argue why I'm wrong, but you won't because my opinions happen to be true. Putin has embarrassed the US for 8 years now. So has Iran and the others. I'm not suggesting these issues could have been easily handled. I am suggesting it would be hard to do a worse job. We will see about this new guy. If you're correct, its gonna be a rough four years. If you're wrong, you will deny reality again. I'm confident in that prediction.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    sctdg said:
    What's wrong Nolaegghead ?  . The truth hurts? I live in reality . I lived it .Any time a point of view other than the left is putting out there it is a diatribe of hate . I know calling people murderers that liberal America just screwed over is nothing but LOVE. The people that died happened because of someone else .It is never the left they will always blame it on someone else . It was the crap going on int this country for the last how many years that created Donald Trump .
    I was 9 when that war ended.  Don't project that crap on me. 

I'm not an ideologue.  I'm a pragmatist.  I side with facts and data, not emotion.   Sorry you went through some sh!t. 

That said, this thread is about golf.  Suggestion: start your own thread, seems like you have a lot you need to get out.
    Options
    sctdg said:
    I was 9 when that war ended.  Don't project that crap on me. 

I'm not an ideologue.  I'm a pragmatist.  I side with facts and data, not emotion.   Sorry you went through some sh!t. 

That said, this thread is about golf.  Suggestion: start your own thread, seems like you have a lot you need to get out.
    @sctdg

He likes to distract and change the subject when confronted with the despicable truths of his ideology. Even now with all the childish hate filled protests supposedly against Trumps hate. I would bet almost none of the idiots , if asked, could even articulate what they are protesting. How about these Hollywood biotches that are strong arming entertainers and the like with intimidation and bully tactics. Real class acts! Losers!

BTW, the entire Liberal agenda is based upon emotion. 100%. If you pay attention to liberal talking heads and even regular folks, they always like to tell you what they said. Never what they actually have done. The president said this or said that? So what? What did he actually do? Intentions (so called) always out weigh the track record of failure. Make sure you talk a good game.
  • nolaegghead
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Ummm....trump is a Hollywood tv reality show host.   Carry on jerking off to his slavic trophy wife.
    Options
    Image result for trump meryl streep cartoon
    Options
    All I know is the butt hurt will be strong tomorrow... Hehe
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    henapple said:
    All I know is the butt hurt will be strong tomorrow... Hehe
    I'm not butt hurt.  I'm just going to torture everyone and laugh.
    Options
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

You say things like:

You deny reality. We are living it. To pretend it isn't so because I didn't reference an article from fact check or NYT makes you foolish at best. These things are precisely my opinions. It would take a book to list all the weak kneed miscues by this administration. There is simply no area of foreign policy where we are on better footing now than we were before. You could argue why I'm wrong, but you won't because my opinions happen to be true. Putin has embarrassed the US for 8 years now. So has Iran and the others. I'm not suggesting these issues could have been easily handled. I am suggesting it would be hard to do a worse job. We will see about this new guy. If you're correct, its gonna be a rough four years. If you're wrong, you will deny reality again. I'm confident in that prediction.
    I don't deny reality. I understand the reality of global affairs (current and historical) quite well.

Where we depart is that I don't have your apparent need to create a parallel fantasy "reality" based on "opinions" (which you earlier said were "factual record" but you now acknowledge were really just your opinions) supported by...what exactly?

Just as you have previously refused to share with us any of your daily reads/listens for news/information it leaves one wondering how you are drawing a conclusion that, as you said - "You have just witnessed 8 years of pathetic leadership" and that "Our foreign policy has been set back decades."

I can only assume that it stems from the knee-jerk Obama hatred that started months before he won in November 2008 and will continue for years to come.

Realistically, neither Russia, Iran, ISIS, North Korea, the Boogeyman, or Killer Clowns are an existential threat to the US. I understand that there are various constituencies interested in developing and touting the idea that they are all just minutes away from actually destroying the USA and our way of life and that many folks actually buy into those ideas. The question remains tho - what is the FACTUAL basis driving those fears?

North Korea (who remember, we are still technically at war with) has had the same modus operandi for decades of bluster, and threats and occasional acts of violence (which has resulted in the deaths of some people including Americans). It's all part of the gamesmanship all the various actors involved partake in. The funny thing is tho that all the actors involved really don't want an actual solution to the "North Korea Problem". China likes the thorn in the foot of the US that the DPRK can be used as and they don't really want a unified democratic Korea on its border. The South Koreans would certainly like to have better relations but they don't really want to see the collapse of the DPRK because they don't want to, and wouldn't be able to, deal with the massive influx of refugees from the north. And the US likes to have the DPRK as an excuse for the normal military industrial complex/ geopolitical influence reasons.

Candidate Trump said he would remove all US troops from South Korea. President Elect Trump is saying that the troops will remain and we will further strengthen our relationship with South Korea. Not really surprising cuz as I said, the status quo is too useful to too many constituencies.

I came across this cartoon many weeks ago and it cracked me up while it also made a very important point (which is of course the 
    raison d'être of any good political cartoon):

I think you could substitute the DPRK flag/character for the Iranian flag or even the Boogeyman flag and the point still stands.

Not sure about the Killer Clowns tho - those things really are scary. :)

• pgprescott
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

You say things like:

I don't deny reality. I understand the reality of global affairs (current and historical) quite well.

Where we depart is that I don't have your apparent need to create a parallel fantasy "reality" based on "opinions" (which you earlier said were "factual record" but you now acknowledge were really just your opinions) supported by...what exactly?

Just as you have previously refused to share with us any of your daily reads/listens for news/information it leaves one wondering how you are drawing a conclusion that, as you said - "You have just witnessed 8 years of pathetic leadership" and that "Our foreign policy has been set back decades."

I can only assume that it stems from the knee-jerk Obama hatred that started months before he won in November 2008 and will continue for years to come.

Realistically, neither Russia, Iran, ISIS, North Korea, the Boogeyman, or Killer Clowns are an existential threat to the US. I understand that there are various constituencies interested in developing and touting the idea that they are all just minutes away from actually destroying the USA and our way of life and that many folks actually buy into those ideas. The question remains tho - what is the FACTUAL basis driving those fears?

North Korea (who remember, we are still technically at war with) has had the same modus operandi for decades of bluster, and threats and occasional acts of violence (which has resulted in the deaths of some people including Americans). It's all part of the gamesmanship all the various actors involved partake in. The funny thing is tho that all the actors involved really don't want an actual solution to the "North Korea Problem". China likes the thorn in the foot of the US that the DPRK can be used as and they don't really want a unified democratic Korea on its border. The South Koreans would certainly like to have better relations but they don't really want to see the collapse of the DPRK because they don't want to, and wouldn't be able to, deal with the massive influx of refugees from the north. And the US likes to have the DPRK as an excuse for the normal military industrial complex/ geopolitical influence reasons.

Candidate Trump said he would remove all US troops from South Korea. President Elect Trump is saying that the troops will remain and we will further strengthen our relationship with South Korea. Not really surprising cuz as I said, the status quo is too useful to too many constituencies.

I came across this cartoon many weeks ago and it cracked me up while it also made a very important point (which is of course the raison d'être of any good political cartoon):

I think you could substitute the DPRK flag/character for the Iranian flag or even the Boogeyman flag and the point still stands.

Yawn. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Wake up
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

HeavyG said:
    HeavyG said:

"Factual record".

You say things like:

I came across this cartoon many weeks ago and it cracked me up while it also made a very important point (which is of course the raison d'être of any good political cartoon):

Yawn. 
    Funny, on another thread earlier today you say this to me (in reference to a post not even directed towards you):

"Again, you have nothing really to say."

And here, where I take some time to try and engage you with a "for instance - North Korea" and that is your response.

Kinda ironical ain't it?

Were you the captain of your high school forensics team? Just curious.