Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kudos Clemson

Options
bgebrent
bgebrent Posts: 19,636
wow.

Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga

Comments

• shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,661
    Options
    Glad it was a tight one. Congrats to the Tigers

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Great game... EPIC
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • bgebrent
    bgebrent Posts: 19,636
    Options
    shtgunal3 said:
    Glad it was a tight one. Congrats to the Tigers
    Great game... EPIC
    Surprised. Great game!
    Sandy Springs & Dawsonville Ga
  • Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    As much as I am pro SEC...Bama needs a few losses. It's getting impossible for other SEC schools to recruit. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    As much as I am pro SEC...Bama needs a few losses. It's getting impossible for other SEC schools to recruit. 
    Outside of Alabama, the conference was overrated this year.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Yeah, that curb stomping the ACC Heisman Trophy winner took to that overated LSU team was a fluke. Talk about non deserving, and overated. The Clemson QB got screwed on the Heisman. He should have won it.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Also, as though anyone needed more evidence Skip is a joke:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Dredger
    Dredger Posts: 1,468
    Options
    That was one fantastic game! I was afraid it would be a repeat of last year, but the real Tigers showed up this time. Job well done.
    Large BGE
    Greenville, SC
  • humbleprisoner
    Options
    I think Lamar should have been removed from the Heisman talks as soon as UK beat them in the Governor's bowl. As it has been said, he was a fluke, but Watson was the real deal. 

Cooking for others enjoyment is not only a passionate reward, it's one of the greatest ways to use what God has given me. Wilmore, KY MBG, LBGE

• YukonRon
    Options
    I think Lamar should have been removed from the Heisman talks as soon as UK beat them in the Governor's bowl. As it has been said, he was a fluke, but Watson was the real deal. 
    I would agree, but I will go one further, the loss to Houston, the week before. Add to that, Watson beat him H2H. Heisman should be voted on after the NC.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • humbleprisoner
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    I would agree, but I will go one further, the loss to Houston, the week before. Add to that, Watson beat him H2H. Heisman should be voted on after the NC.
    Great point. I forgot about the Houston win. 

Cooking for others enjoyment is not only a passionate reward, it's one of the greatest ways to use what God has given me. Wilmore, KY MBG, LBGE

• humbleprisoner
    Options
    I think a big question that needs to be asked is will the system change now or will the powers at be AKA Disney, keep things the same? 

• Killit_and_Grillit
    Options
    Every year I listen to other conferences talk prior to the bowl games and it always comes down to "the teams playing SEC teams haven't had to go up against the size and skill that their competition has"

That did not come out of my mouth this year. Every time I saw a team look like they were going to be a contender, the started playing JV football. 

"Brought to you by bourbon, bacon, and a series of questionable life decisions."

South of Nashville, TN

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    It was an Awesome game, but I was getting tired of all the instant replays to confirm whether it was a catch or not.  I feel instant replay has made the games longer and slowed it down.  I was cheering for Clemson and glad they won.  Sequels don't usually live up to the hype, but this sure did. 
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    I am happy for Dabo and Deshawn...

However, SOME Clemson fans just need to enjoy the win and the Championship and leave it at that...

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• YukonRon
    Options
    It happens so seldom for the other conferences. we should let them enjoy this one, for a year.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    billt01 said:
    I am happy for Dabo and Deshawn...

However, SOME Clemson fans just need to enjoy the win and the Championship and leave it at that...

You must live close enough to Clemson it hurts??
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,530
    Options
    @JohnnyTarheel...doesn't hurt..just the "we are better than bama" folks starting to creep out of the woodwork...

1 game cannot define if you are better holistically.

just a bit silly, really
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    I think a big question that needs to be asked is will the system change now or will the powers at be AKA Disney, keep things the same? 

Although I would be in favor of a 8 team system, I can't argue that the present system has not produced the proper champion. These were definately the best two teams these last two years. Can't really ask for more than that.

In theory I believe if you give me the top 8 teams you definately have the best included in that group. Some years it can get muddy with better records in weaker conferences compared to a couple losses against powerhouses. I think there is some contractual language requiring staying at 4 a cerain number of years.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    edited January 2017
    Options

This is pretty darn cool......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,188
    Options
    Warrick Dunn is a good dude. He's done so much good post football and keeps it on the DL. 
  • warwoman
    warwoman Posts: 279
    Options
    A trivia tid bit for y'all. Of the last seven National Champions, Clemson beat them all.....THIS SEASON!
    From the NE Georgia Mountains! Me, SWMBO, and two spoiled ass Springers!
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    CtTOPGUN said:

Although I would be in favor of a 8 team system, I can't argue that the present system has not produced the proper champion. These were definately the best two teams these last two years. Can't really ask for more than that.

In theory I believe if you give me the top 8 teams you definately have the best included in that group. Some years it can get muddy with better records in weaker conferences compared to a couple losses against powerhouses. I think there is some contractual language requiring staying at 4 a cerain number of years.

Jim
    Four is plenty, in my opinion. The regular season has to mean something, too. Baseball has screwed itself up so badly by expanding the postseason I would hate to see that happen to college football. You'll get the same arguments who about who got shafted whether you pick two, four or 65 teams. I would prefer six teams, with the top two getting byes (which I also do not like in football) than going all the way up to eight. I hope the NCAA (although let's face it, television calls the shots on these things) leaves well enough alone.
    Stillwater, MN
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    Maybe not bump it to eight teams, but I wouldn't mind giving the 1 and 2 seeds a bye week and having 3-6 play.  That way you could have added Penn State and USC to the playoffs.  Who arguably would have beaten both osu and Washington.
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I live in Alabama and I couldn't be more pleased with the outcome.
    Go Clemson!! 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Options
    Incredible game.  Did i see that stat right?  First time in 97 games saban coached team gave up 21 pts in 4th q?