Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eleven Hundred Miles In 22.5 Hours

Options
13»

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,032
    Options
    your wife is much cooler than mine
    @atouchofsmokeWP My friends and coworkers would say how cool your wife is with the Big Green Egg. I just had a coworker get into an argument with her husband because she wanted to buy a new large Big Green Egg from a dealer for $650. I think we're doing better than most!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Apparently she's the "free spirited one".  I'm starting to see a different picture here than what was originally painted.  He probably sat at home whimpering and looking at the Craigslist ad until she couldn't take it any more - so then she dragged his a$$ all the way and back just to shut him up.  That's why his hands were free to take a picture of another smoker on the road.
    @Foghorn I SOOOO wish this worked! My truck and pit would look much more like the one in the picture above. Instead I get a Ford Ranger and a 15 year old smoker! =)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,413
    Options
    @WeberWho -  your co-worker needs an intervention.  Time for a true Christmas spirit save. Any time SWMBO is pushing for a BGE means time to jump at the chance.  And the price is quite reasonable IMO.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    your wife is much cooler than mine
    @atouchofsmokeWP My friends and coworkers would say how cool your wife is with the Big Green Egg. I just had a coworker get into an argument with her husband because she wanted to buy a new large Big Green Egg from a dealer for $650. I think we're doing better than most!
    WOW, that's the other way around in my house and my guess most of us.

@WeberWho, I don't know if I will take a look or not.  I really want to hold out for the Marshall some day and my WSM does just fine and will hold about the same amount of food as the Open Range.  My dealer has sold the Marshall to some chefs in our area that has it built in to an outdoor kitchen.  That would be nice to have my XL on one side and a Marshall on the other.  Maybe some day.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • WeberWho
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @WeberWho -  your co-worker needs an intervention.  Time for a true Christmas spirit save. Any time SWMBO is pushing for a BGE means time to jump at the chance.  And the price is quite reasonable IMO.  
    Agreed @lousubcap I text her the night before Thanksgiving that a dealer in town was doing, "buy a medium priced egg and receive a large". I paid more for my large 7 years ago than the dealer wanted this black friday. The stars were all aligned for her. Her husband shut that request down. She has wanted one for years. I've given up. I've told her in the past that I'm going to bring one of my eggs over and let her use it for a few months. That should change his mind!

Minnesota
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    What a cool road trip. Can't wait to see the smoker cleaned up.  I love peach wood.  My in-laws have a peach orchard and I load up every time I'm down their way.  Enjoy!  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • WeberWho
    Options
    What a cool road trip. Can't wait to see the smoker cleaned up.  I love peach wood.  My in-laws have a peach orchard and I load up every time I'm down their way.  Enjoy!  

Hey thanks! @GATraveller I believe this will be my first time using peach wood. I'm looking forward to trying some out next summer when it's not green. Glad to hear you enjoy it! 

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Or that her husband/significant other needs to spread his legs reach down and double check that the heuvos are still there
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • WeberWho
    Options
    thetrim said:
    lousubcap said:
    Or that her husband/significant other needs to spread his legs reach down and double check that the heuvos are still there

Minnesota
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Now that's how she gets her way!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • blasting
    blasting Posts: 6,262
    Options

This is what goes through my head every time I see the acronym SWMBO.

Phoenix 
  • WeberWho
    Options

Minnesota
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    edited December 2016
    Options
    I've made trips like that before ... Never again unless it's by airplane..

i definately feel a difference in my "next 30 years" from my first .. Never thought I'd say that 
  • WeberWho
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    I've made trips like that before ... Never again unless it's by airplane..

i definately feel a difference in my "next 30 years" from my first .. Never thought I'd say that 
    Gets to be a long day in under 24 hours. My buddy and I trailered our bikes from Minnesota to Tennessee/North Carolina a few months ago. We put on a good amount of miles on the truck than an additional 1,000+ on the motorcycles when there. Sitting can get a little boring at times but you get to see all kinds of things that you don't get to see any normal day. 

Minnesota