Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT warning -Penzey's Spices Diatribe - OT warning

Options
2»

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    caliking said:
    He has the "right" to do what he wants. His business. His call. I for one am glad he did it. I may have accidentally purchased from him prior to him letting me know how he feels. Now I will never be a customer. 
    That's an odd strategy. Do you know the political or other views of the owner of every gas station you buy gas from, for instance?
    It isn't an odd strategy at all. @stlcharcoal gave an excellent reply. If you felt like a business was insulting to you would you shop there? I find it odd if you say yes. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Right there with ya, Jonathan.  The Cathy family are good friends.  The statement was made at a religious event and some weasel reported asked about gay marriage.  What the hell kinda answer did he think he was going to get at a Southern Baptist convention?

Perhaps a Christian one?  Too much to ask I guess.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CtTOPGUN
    CtTOPGUN Posts: 612
    Options
    I like Penzey's Spices. They have a retail store here in my town. I would have never investigated nor cared about the owner's political or religious beliefs. I shopped there for the quality and percieved value. But after being chastised by Mr. Penzey I do not believe I will ever step back in the store. Too many choices to support someone who fuels the division this country is suffering from. Too bad for those that depend on this lost income if this tactic causes the harm I think it will.

Jim
    LBGE/Weber Kettle/Blackstone 36" Griddle/Turkey Fryer/Induction Burner/Royal Gourmet 24" Griddle/Cuisinart Twin Oaks/Pit Boss Tabletop pellet smoker/Instant Pot

BBQ from the State of Connecticut!

Jim
  • bigbadben
    Options
    You may agree or disagree with the penzy CEO, but this was posted to Facebook. Basically after his anti-trump letter, sales are up. 

"Willing to take a hit for what is right, we did what we did. In the two weeks since, online sales are up 59.9%, gift box sales up 135%. And we didn't have a catalog arrive in this window this year, while last year we had 1.1 million! Yes, maybe for the moment we have lost 3% of our customers because of the so-called "right wing firestorm." And, yes, they send emails of rage, and ALL CAPS, and bad language with the hope of creating the perception that they are bigger than they really are. But what we learned is that, in terms of retail spending, Donald Trump simply has no one supporting his views for America. He has no constituency"

• johnkitchens
    Options
    bigbadben said:
    Donald Trump simply has no one supporting his views for America. 

Then why the hell isn't Hillary the president elect? 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's